Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 09:37:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IANA Registry Updates for TLS and DTLS
        Authors         : Joe Salowey
                          Sean Turner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   This document describes a number of changes to (D)TLS IANA registries
   that range from adding notes to the registry all the way to changing
   the registration policy.  These changes were mostly motivated by WG
   review of the (D)TLS-related registries undertaken as part of the
   TLS1.3 development process.  This document updates many (D)TLS RFCs
   (see updates header).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:45:55 -0400

All,

Joe and I updated the draft. GH repo is @:
https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates

This version incorporates the changes I suggested we do last time, namely making the intro briefer and moving the rationale to the individual sections.  We also added security considerations, added warnings for crypto-related registries, removed CCM_8 cipher from recommended list, etc.  In other words, PR#26 and later minus the one closed issue.

Joe and I believe this draft i ready for WGLC, which Kathleen will run for us.

spt

> On Oct 30, 2017, at 12:37, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt