Subject: Re: [TLS] Request to register value in TLS extension registry

From: Peter Gutmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 18:32:32 +0000

I wrote:

>Now that RFC 8447 is published, I'd like to request the addition of extension
>ID 26 for TLS-LTS:
>
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gutmann-tls-lts/
>
>This extension has been waiting for quite some time for the publication of
>8447, so it's already in use by implementations.

As per RFC 8447, I requested allocation of extension ID 26 for TLS-LTS on 20
August. The RFC says:

  Specification Required [RFC8126] registry requests are registered after a
  three-week review period

It's now been more than the three weeks listed in the RFC, what happens now?
Can I list the extension as allocated in the LTS draft?

Peter.

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 13:42:19 -0500

> Can I list the extension as allocated in the LTS draft?

Most certainly not!  I quote:

   Registration requests that are undetermined for a period longer than
   21 days can be brought to the IESG's attention (using the
   <[email-masked]> mailing list) for resolution.

-Ben