Subject: [TLS] Adoption call for draft-rescorla-tls-semistatic-dh

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 06:28:34 +0800

At IETF 106 there was support for adoption of "Semi-Static Diffie-Hellman Key Establishment" for TLS 1.3 [0] as a WG item.  To confirm this on the list: if you believe that the TLS WG should not adopt this as a WG item, then please let the chairs know by posting a message to the TLS list by 2359 UTC 13 December 2019 (and say why).

NOTE:
: If the consensus is that this draft should be adopted as a WG item, then this will necessarily result in a WG rechartering discussions.  We would have gotten to this rechartering discussion anyway now that DTLS 1.3 is progressing out of the WG.

Thanks,
Joe and Sean

[0] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rescorla-tls-semistatic-dh/

---

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 17:37:12 -0500

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 5:28 PM Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> At IETF 106 there was support for adoption of "Semi-Static Diffie-Hellman
> Key Establishment" for TLS 1.3 [0] as a WG item.  To confirm this on the
> list: if you believe that the TLS WG should not adopt this as a WG item,
> then please let the chairs know by posting a message to the TLS list by
> 2359 UTC 13 December 2019 (and say why).
>

In the spirit of flagrantly ignoring the pragmatics of chairs wishes let me
say I support the adoption on the list.

> NOTE:
> : If the consensus is that this draft should be adopted as a WG item, then
> this will necessarily result in a WG rechartering discussions.  We would
> have gotten to this rechartering discussion anyway now that DTLS 1.3 is
> progressing out of the WG.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe and Sean
>
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 11:30:18 +0800

I am in favor of adopting this document as a starting point for further
work. It fits nicely into the work on cTLS

-----Original Message-----
From: TLS <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Sean Turner
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2019 6:29 AM
To: TLS List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TLS] Adoption call for draft-rescorla-tls-semistatic-dh

At IETF 106 there was support for adoption of "Semi-Static Diffie-Hellman
Key Establishment" for TLS 1.3 [0] as a WG item.  To confirm this on the
list: if you believe that the TLS WG should not adopt this as a WG item,
then please let the chairs know by posting a message to the TLS list by 2359
UTC 13 December 2019 (and say why).

NOTE:

Thanks,
Joe and Sean

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 23:55:08 -0800

+1