Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 00:45:12 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+0/-5/💬24)
  9 issues received 24 new comments:
  - #193 Reasoning for 260 (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/193 
  - #192 How to parse esni_retry_request generically? (2 by davidben, ocheron)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/192 
  - #191 Why is the PaddedSNI padded with zeros? (11 by chris-wood, ekr, martinthomson, sayrer)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/191 
  - #189 AEAD-Encrypt definition (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/189 
  - #188 "HKDF-Extract(0, Z)" (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/188 
  - #183 Clarification on repeated extensions in ESNIRecord and ESNIKeys (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/183 
  - #149 Replay attack and timestamp (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/149 [needs WG discussion] 
  - #118 Is there a debug/development server to test client side implementation (3 by avened, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/118 
  - #116 Compress server name in ClientHello (3 by chris-wood, kazuho)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/116 [needs WG discussion] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Compress server name in ClientHello https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/116 [needs WG discussion] 
  - AEAD-Encrypt definition https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/189 
  - Reasoning for 260 https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/193 
  - Cryptographic configuration consistency https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/178 
  - Why is the PaddedSNI padded with zeros? https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/191 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+7/-4/💬4)
  7 issues created:
  - Records from different connections in the same datagram (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/110 
  - ChaCha20 header encryption (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/109 
  - Omitting length (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/108 
  - "Packet" and "datagram" (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/106 
  - Content Type - 25 taken by CID (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/104 
  - IANA Considerations (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/102 
  - Editor's draft is ancient (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/101 

  4 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #106 "Packet" and "datagram" (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/106 
  - #102 IANA Considerations (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/102 
  - #101 Editor's draft is ancient (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/101 
  - #72 Key separation from TLS (1 by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/72 

  4 issues closed:
  - Editor's draft is ancient https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/101 
  - IANA Considerations https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/102 
  - Key separation from TLS https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/72 
  - Content Type - 25 taken by CID https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/104 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+2/-1/💬6)
  2 issues created:
  - Security Considerations: network layer (by sayrer)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/42 
  - Assign codepoint for delegated_credentials extension (by siyengar)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/41 

  2 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #42 Security Considerations: network layer (5 by ekr, sayrer)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/42 
  - #41 Assign codepoint for delegated_credentials extension (1 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/41 

  1 issues closed:
  - PSS https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/28 

* tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator (+0/-3/💬2)
  2 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #51 Address Secdir last call comments (1 by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/issues/51 
  - #49 Address Genart comments (1 by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/issues/49 

  3 issues closed:
  - Address Secdir last call comments https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/issues/51 
  - Explicitly forbid the generation of EAs with early_exporter_master_secret https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/issues/48 
  - Address Genart comments https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/issues/49 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+8/-1/💬16)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Flatten ESNI negotiation mechanisms (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/201 
  - Advertise multiple ESNIConfigs as a unit (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/200 
  - Unify version/extension and key share negotiation mechanisms (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/199 
  - Add a length prefix to ESNIConfig contents. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/198 
  - Key schedule injection proposal. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/197 
  - Tunnel version (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/196 
  - Clarify rules on order and repetition for ESNIConfig extensions (by dmcardle)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/195 
  - Add note about inconsistent cryptographic configurations. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/194 

  4 pull requests received 16 new comments:
  - #200 Advertise multiple ESNIConfigs as a unit (4 by bemasc, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/200 
  - #199 Unify version/extension and key share negotiation mechanisms (3 by davidben, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/199 
  - #196 Tunnel version (8 by davidben, ekr, kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/196 
  - #175 refer GREASE extension in resolution algorithm & formatting fix (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/175 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Add note about inconsistent cryptographic configurations.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/194 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest (+1/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - changing track to standards (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest/pull/8 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - changing track to standards
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest/pull/8 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+6/-2/💬3)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Issue106 packets (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/113 
  - Issue109 chacha order (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/112 
  - Issue110 multiple connections same dg (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/111 
  - Fix typo (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/107 
  - changing ack content type number (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/105 
  - adding DTLS-OK column values (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/103 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #112 Issue109 chacha order (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/112 
  - #111 Issue110 multiple connections same dg (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/111 
  - #103 adding DTLS-OK column values (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/103 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - changing ack content type number
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/105 
  - Fix typo
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/107 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+1/-2/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix a formatting issue in changes (by siyengar)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/40 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #40 Fix a formatting issue in changes (1 by siyengar)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/40 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Fix a formatting issue in changes
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/40 
  - Add text for PKCS 1.5
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/39 

* tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator (+1/-3/💬2)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Explicitly forbid the generation of EAs with early_exporter_master_secret (by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/pull/53 

  2 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #53 Explicitly forbid the generation of EAs with early_exporter_master_secret (1 by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/pull/53 
  - #52 Address Yaron Sheffer's comments. (1 by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/pull/52 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Address Yaron Sheffer's comments.
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/pull/52 
  - Explicitly forbid the generation of EAs with early_exporter_master_secret
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/pull/53 
  - Address comments by Christer Holmberg.
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/pull/50 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease