Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 03:32:26 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+1/-7/💬16)
  1 issues created:
  - Describe HRR cut-and-paste 1 in Security Considerations. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/229 

  10 issues received 16 new comments:
  - #223 Restrict ECHO inner/outer variance for interop purposes (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/223 
  - #219 cardinality of ECHOConfig vs. HTTPSSVC (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/219 
  - #218 HPKE code points vs. TLS ciphersuites (2 by chris-wood, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/218 
  - #217 ECHOConfigContents.extensions is not needed (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/217 
  - #216 where servers put CH details/hints: ECHOConfig or HTTPSSVC?  (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/216 
  - #214 Clarify 1.2 connection support (don't break connections, but also don't protect the certificate) (6 by bemasc, chris-wood, kazuho, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/214 
  - #206 Suggestion to support [email-masked] (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/206 
  - #204 Anonymity sets (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/204 
  - #182 Consider disabling server tickets if tickets are not uniform across the ESNI anonymity set (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/182 
  - #177 GREASE ESNI extensions are easily distinguished from real ones (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/177 

  7 issues closed:
  - Use HPKE codepoints for all HPKE-relevant operations https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/218 
  - Consider disabling server tickets if tickets are not uniform across the ESNI anonymity set https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/182 
  - Anonymity sets https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/204 
  - Suggestion to support [email-masked] https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/206 
  - ECHOConfigContents.extensions is not needed https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/217 
  - cardinality of ECHOConfig vs. HTTPSSVC https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/219 
  - Restrict ECHO inner/outer variance for interop purposes https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/223 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Integrity bounds (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/145 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+2/-0/💬4)
  2 issues created:
  - A propose of signature context string (by william-zk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/63 
  - Will the next version of draft define how to store delegated credential as file? (by william-zk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/62 

  1 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #63 A propose of signature context string (4 by jhoyla, william-zk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/63 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+6/-1/💬3)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Add information about per-client tracking via unique ECHOConfig structures (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/230 
  - Clarify need for optional record digests. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/228 
  - Clarify "do not stick out" signals. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/227 
  - Provide guidance on ECHOConfig extension usage. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/226 
  - Deterministic padding (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/225 
  - Replace ECHOConfig TLS ciphersuites with HPKE code points. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/224 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #224 Replace ECHOConfig TLS ciphersuites with HPKE code points. (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/224 
  - #209 padding scheme text (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/209 
  - #122 Add CertificateVerify to padding recommendation (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/122 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Replace ECHOConfig TLS ciphersuites with HPKE code points.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/224 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest (+0/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #20 Declining new tickets requires both counters == 0 (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest/pull/20 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease