Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 07:13:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1
        Authors         : Kathleen Moriarty
                          Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2020-12-15

Abstract:
   This document, if approved, formally deprecates Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) versions 1.0 (RFC 2246) and 1.1 (RFC 4346).
   Accordingly, those documents (will be moved|have been moved) to
   Historic status.  These versions lack support for current and
   recommended cryptographic algorithms and mechanisms, and various
   government and industry profiles of applications using TLS now
   mandate avoiding these old TLS versions.  TLSv1.2 has been the
   recommended version for IETF protocols since 2008, providing
   sufficient time to transition away from older versions.  Removing
   support for older versions from implementations reduces the attack
   surface, reduces opportunity for misconfiguration, and streamlines
   library and product maintenance.

   This document also deprecates Datagram TLS (DTLS) version 1.0
   (RFC4347), but not DTLS version 1.2, and there is no DTLS version
   1.1.

   This document updates many RFCs that normatively refer to TLSv1.0 or
   TLSv1.1 as described herein.  This document also updates the best
   practices for TLS usage in RFC 7525 and hence is part of BCP195.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/