Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 02:38:35 -0500 (EST)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+0/-0/💬12)
  3 issues received 12 new comments:
  - #369 Potential SNI leak via cross-ECH resumption (3 by cbartle891, chris-wood, kjacobs-moz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/369 
  - #359 Transcript hash construction (1 by kylon94)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/359 [ready-for-text] 
  - #354 "Don't stick out" considerations for ECH (8 by bemasc, cbartle891, chris-wood, cjpatton, ekr, huitema)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/354 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - More clarity on what should be in the cookies. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1206 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+7/-2/💬8)
  7 issues created:
  - Ben Kaduk's review requested a number of example fixes. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/187 
  - When can you send NCID and RCID (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/186 
  - Add an example for KeyUpdate (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/176 
  - PDU appendix generator is not working properly. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/175 
  - Say something about how large cert messages may cause congestion (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/174 
  - DTLS version number (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/170 
  - Encryption limits are too long for SN encryption (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/167 

  4 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #187 Ben Kaduk's review requested a number of example fixes. (2 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/187 
  - #186 When can you send NCID and RCID (1 by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/186 
  - #170 DTLS version number (2 by davidben, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/170 
  - #167 Encryption limits are too long for SN encryption (3 by ekr, kaduk, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/167 

  2 issues closed:
  - PDU appendix generator is not working properly. https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/175 
  - Encryption limits are too long for SN encryption https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/167 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+1/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Clarify privacy goal scope (by kjacobs-moz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/371 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #371 Clarify privacy goal scope (1 by kjacobs-moz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/371 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+18/-9/💬2)
  18 pull requests submitted:
  - Rationale for spare cids (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/185 
  - Some proposed editorial improvements from Ben Kaduk (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/184 
  - Remove stale text about out-of-epoch records (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/183 
  - Not totally indefinitely (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/182 
  - Some textual clarifications around when ACKs are sent (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/181 
  - Alerts are unreliable (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/180 
  - Rcid excessive (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/179 
  - Clarify when you can reset the timer (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/178 
  - Records with bogus epochs should be discarded, not generate alerts (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/177 
  - Fix some issues around the Finished message (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/173 
  - The advise to aggressively age out was too aggressive (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/172 
  - Don't require always buffering and require that retransmission be ide… (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/171 
  - Stop citing RFC2522 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/169 
  - PMTU estimates (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/168 
  - Require that cipher suites define a record number encryption algorithm (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/166 
  - Fixed portions of the record layer (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/165 
  - Clean up use of connection and association (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/164 
  - Reference tls-old-versions-deprecate (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/163 

  2 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #179 Rcid excessive (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/179 
  - #161 Ciphersuites seems to miss a "_8" (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/161 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Remove stale text about out-of-epoch records
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/183 
  - Not totally indefinitely
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/182 
  - Some textual clarifications around when ACKs are sent
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/181 
  - Clarify when you can reset the timer
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/178 
  - Fix some issues around the Finished message
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/173 
  - Fixed portions of the record layer
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/165 
  - Clean up use of connection and association
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/164 
  - Reference tls-old-versions-deprecate
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/163 
  - editorial/nits from AD review
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/160 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - It is no longer true that an empty CID and no CID are the same (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/78 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+0/-0/💬3)
  1 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #77 Add in test vectors (3 by chris-wood, claucece, wbl)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/77 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls
* https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team