Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 00:39:21 -0700 (PDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+5/-8/💬16)
  5 issues created:
  - Make the definition of key protocol elements easier to find (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/454 
  - Provide a link to this repo in the draft (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/453 
  - Reserve some code points for GREASE (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/451 
  - Grease HRR acceptance signal? (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/450 
  - Acceptance signal isn't pseudorandom (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/448 

  7 issues received 16 new comments:
  - #453 Provide a link to this repo in the draft (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/453 
  - #450 Grease HRR acceptance signal? (6 by chris-wood, davidben, martinthomson, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/450 
  - #448 Acceptance signal isn't pseudorandom (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/448 
  - #441 Reconsider non-HRR ECH acceptance signal (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/441 
  - #437 Example unsupported mandatory Configuration Extension (3 by davidben, sayrer)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/437 [editorial] 
  - #397 Including the client's ephemeral public key in the AAD precludes use of a single-shot HPKE API (3 by chris-wood, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/397 [design] 
  - #359 Transcript hash construction (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/359 [design] 

  8 issues closed:
  - Including the client's ephemeral public key in the AAD precludes use of a single-shot HPKE API https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/397 [design] 
  - Transcript hash construction https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/359 [design] 
  - Example unsupported mandatory Configuration Extension https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/437 [editorial] 
  - Acceptance signal may not be pseudorandom https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/448 
  - Provide a link to this repo in the draft https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/453 
  - ECH contradicts second ClientHello consistency requirements in RFC8446 https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/358 [design] 
  - Proposal: Introduce HelloRetryRequestOuter/Inner https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/374 [design] 
  - CHI vs. CHO when HRR is sent https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/373 [design] 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+1/-0/💬4)
  1 issues created:
  - Should the protocol specify a mechanism to ensure that the link is disconnected if the peer is restarted or some reason? (by yangyangtiantianlonglong)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/248 

  1 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #248 Should the protocol specify a mechanism to ensure that the link is disconnected if the peer is restarted or some reason? (4 by ekr, yangyangtiantianlonglong)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/248 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+0/-0/💬3)
  3 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #109 John Scudder's IESG review (1 by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/109 
  - #107 Martin Duke's IESG review (1 by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/107 
  - #103 Éric Vyncke's IESG review (1 by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/103 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+7/-7/💬39)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Define the Padding message (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/457 
  - Require that someone validate public_name correctly. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/456 
  - Require compressed extensions appear in the same relative order. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/455 
  - Document the other ech_outer_extensions DoS vector. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/452 
  - Accept conf hkdf (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/449 
  -  Leave IPv4 address parsing to the application (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/447 
  - Rephrase maximum_name_length description. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/446 

  13 pull requests received 39 new comments:
  - #457 Define the Padding message (5 by cjpatton, davidben, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/457 
  - #455 Require compressed extensions appear in the same relative order. (4 by chris-wood, davidben, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/455 
  - #452 Document the other ech_outer_extensions DoS vector. (3 by chris-wood, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/452 
  - #449 Make the acceptance signal pseudorandom (2 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/449 
  - #447  Leave IPv4 address parsing to the application (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/447 
  - #443 Move ClientHello padding to the encoding. (3 by chris-wood, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/443 
  - #442 Preserve length prefixes in ClientHelloOuterAAD (6 by cbartle891, chris-wood, davidben, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/442 
  - #436 Prohibit IP addresses in ECHConfig.public_name. (8 by chris-wood, davidben, richsalz, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/436 
  - #423 Confirm ECH acceptance after HRR (2 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/423 
  - #422 Use ECH payload to distinguish CHI from CHO (2 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/422 
  - #417 HRR applies to both (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/417 
  - #416 Don't make a new handshake (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/416 
  - #313 Replace record-level padding with handshake-level padding (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/313 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Add some security considerations for cookie values.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/439 
  - Make the acceptance signal pseudorandom
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/449 
  - Use ECH payload to distinguish CHI from CHO
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/422 
  - Confirm ECH acceptance after HRR
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/423 
  - Preserve length prefixes in ClientHelloOuterAAD
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/442 
  - Rephrase maximum_name_length description.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/446 
  - Link to sections of references.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/445 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+4/-1/💬6)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - update RRC ref (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/121 
  - Mention padding and ContentType encryption (by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/120 
  - clarify "replace the address" (by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/119 
  - fix section reference to RFC 8446 for presentation language (by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/118 

  1 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #119 clarify "replace the address" (6 by boaks, ekr, kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/119 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - fix section reference to RFC 8446 for presentation language
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/118 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls
* https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team