Subject: [TLS] internet of secure elements

From: Pascal Urien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 11:51:16 +0200

Hi All

The project "internet of secure element" (iose) aims at providing to
internet users storage and computing resources, with high security and
trust levels.
See https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-urien-coinrg-iose/02/
I am looking for interested people to create this open infrastructure.

Secure elements currently have an Evaluation Assurance Level of EAL6 (for a
max value of EAL7), their memory size is about 100KB, and they compute most
cryptographics  algorithms in less than 100ms. Furthermore they are able to
process TLS1.3 protocol in about 1000ms

The idea is to deploy secure elements embedding TLS1.3 servers, TLS-SE,
see https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-urien-tls-se/02/ )
whose access is protected by pre shared keys. TLS-SE servers are identified
by server name (SN)
In the service plane trusted resources are used thanks to dedicated URIs
The administration plane, which performs application downloading in secure
element, could be based on the RACS protocol
See https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-urien-core-racs-14
Open code for TLS-SE secure elements
https://github.com/purien/TLS-SE
Open Code for TLS-SE servers
https://github.com/purien/keystore
Open code for RACS server
https://github.com/purien/racs_0_1

Pascal Urien