Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 00:34:04 -0700 (PDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+2/-1/💬8)
  2 issues created:
  - Split mode correlation attacks (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/513 
  - Lessen possibility of client implementation choices undermining GREASE cover (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/512 

  3 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #513 Split mode correlation attacks (6 by chris-wood, davidben, pkelsey, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/513 
  - #512 Lessen possibility of client implementation choices undermining GREASE cover (1 by cbartle891)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/512 
  - #429 Clarify handling of transcript at client? (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/429 

  1 issues closed:
  - Clarify handling of transcript at client? https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/429 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Not clear why 0-RTT doesn't provide perfect forward secrecy (by cbartle891)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1235 

* tlswg/tls-flags (+3/-0/💬3)
  3 issues created:
  - IANA registry rules (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/issues/11 
  - Extra length octet (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/issues/10 
  - Repository maintenance (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/issues/9 

  2 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #11 IANA registry rules (2 by martinthomson, yoavnir)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/issues/11 
  - #10 Extra length octet (1 by yoavnir)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/issues/10 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+0/-1/💬1)
  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #251 Establishing New Associations with Existing Parameters - SHOULD / please add description of the alternatives (1 by boaks)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/251 

  1 issues closed:
  - Establishing New Associations with Existing Parameters - SHOULD / please add description of the alternatives https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/251 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate (+2/-0/💬0)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove RFC5246 updates, change Section 2 intro text such that the extension is always included. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/19 
  - Drop RFC7525 Updates. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/18 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+30/-19/💬40)
  30 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove sentence that is redundant with the paragraph that follows (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/511 
  - Clarify ambiguous grammar (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/510 
  - Clarify the document's assumption of restricted attacker location (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/509 
  - Rework Handshaking with ClientHelloInner to remove conflicts and... (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/508 
  - Replace broader, conflicting description of client retry_config use... (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/507 
  - Adjust caption of Figure 1 (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/506 
  - More accurately describe provider plaintext access (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/505 
  - Fix several typos (by pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/504 
  - Define EncodedClientHelloInner before outer extensions. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/503 
  - not sure if omitting CH in IANA registry for ech_outer_extensions is right or not (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/502 
  - Fix a bit of formatting and remove ref to resolved issue #384 (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/501 
  - ech_retry_requested is a gonner (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/500 
  - trial decryption configuration - "both sides" seems wrong (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/499 
  - retry configs: tweak about subsequent connections  (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/498 
  - Try clarify an odd MUST in 6.1.5 (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/497 
  - Clarify cardinality via the use of the (non-redudant:-) length field (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/496 
  - optional configids seems wrong, maybe random is better? (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/495 
  - config IDs aren't really optional (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/494 
  - A bit more text to introduce EncodedClientHelloInner (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/493 
  - Bit more text on nominal backend processing (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/492 
  - Expand on config_ids. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/491 
  - Clarify a bit why server might send retry configs (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/490 
  - fe0c->fe0d (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/489 
  - sensible-pickers (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/488 
  - note potential config_id collisions (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/487 
  - redundant length (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/486 
  - note experiment (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/485 
  - HPKE isn't draft-08 any more (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/484 
  - Update codepoints to -13. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/483 
  - Add -12 changelog. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/482 

  15 pull requests received 40 new comments:
  - #511 Remove sentence that is redundant with the paragraph that follows (1 by cbartle891)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/511 
  - #509 Clarify the document's assumption of restricted attacker location (3 by chris-wood, pkelsey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/509 
  - #502 not sure if omitting CH in IANA registry for ech_outer_extensions is right or not (2 by chris-wood, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/502 
  - #496 Clarify cardinality via the use of the (non-redudant:-) length field (2 by ekr, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/496 
  - #495 optional configids seems wrong, maybe random is better? (7 by cbartle891, chris-wood, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/495 
  - #494 config IDs aren't really optional (1 by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/494 
  - #493 A bit more text to introduce EncodedClientHelloInner (4 by chris-wood, davidben, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/493 
  - #492 Bit more text on nominal backend processing (6 by chris-wood, davidben, ekr, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/492 
  - #491 Expand on config_ids. (2 by davidben, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/491 
  - #489 fe0c->fe0d (2 by chris-wood, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/489 
  - #487 note potential config_id collisions (1 by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/487 
  - #486 redundant length (6 by davidben, ekr, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/486 
  - #485 note experiment (1 by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/485 
  - #482 Add -12 changelog. (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/482 
  - #481 Allow the client-facing server to GREASE the extension. (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/481 

  19 pull requests merged:
  - Replace broader, conflicting description of client retry_config use...
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/507 
  - Clarify ambiguous grammar
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/510 
  - Remove sentence that is redundant with the paragraph that follows
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/511 
  - More accurately describe provider plaintext access
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/505 
  - Adjust caption of Figure 1
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/506 
  - Fix several typos
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/504 
  - Clarify a bit why server might send retry configs
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/490 
  - sensible-pickers
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/488 
  - Allow the client-facing server to GREASE the extension.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/481 
  - Define EncodedClientHelloInner before outer extensions.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/503 
  - trial decryption configuration - "both sides" seems wrong
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/499 
  - note experiment
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/485 
  - Clarify cardinality via the use of the (non-redudant:-) length field
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/496 
  - Fix a bit of formatting and remove ref to resolved issue #384
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/501 
  - Expand on config_ids.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/491 
  - ech_retry_requested is a gonner
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/500 
  - HPKE isn't draft-08 any more
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/484 
  - Update codepoints to -13.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/483 
  - Grease and HRR leak
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/419 

* tlswg/tls-flags (+1/-2/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Seven bits? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/pull/8 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Editorial WGLC comment by Victor Dukhovni
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/pull/7 
  - Seven bits?
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags/pull/8 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+2/-0/💬0)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Use same trailing ) position. (by boaks)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/123 
  - Use wording similar to other length field. (by boaks)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/122 

* tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Nick/aug5reviews (by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator/pull/74 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Removal of varint encoding (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/36 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls
* https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team