Subject: [Tm-rid] BOF Schedule

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 22:22:05 -0400

We are scheduled for Tuesday:

1330-1500  Afternoon Session I
VIP A               INT     tmrid           Trustworthy Multipurpose 
Remote ID BOF
Hullet              IRTF    gaia            Global Access to the 
Internet for All
Padang              IRTF    maprg           Measurement and Analysis for 
Protocols
Collyer             RTG     lsvr            Link State Vector Routing WG
Sophia              RTG     teas            Traffic Engineering 
Architecture and Signaling WG
Canning             SEC     lake            Lightweight Authenticated 
Key Exchange WG
Olivia              SEC     suit            Software Updates for 
Internet of Things WG

I hope there are no important conflicts there

Let me know.

I will find out if there is remote access for the session.

Bob

---

From: Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:19:35 +0200

Tuesday 19th Nov I assume.

I will try to join remotely, if I can, I guess it is 6:30am CET

Overall, I think it is timely and topical work (I am partly affiliated
with Swedish Civil Aviation Administration/LFV)

BR Andrei

On 10/23/2019 4:22 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Padang              IRTF    maprg           Measurement and Analysis
> for Protocols
-- 
Andrei Gurtov, PhD, ACM Distinguished Scientist
Professor, LiU, Sweden
IEEE ComSoc Distinguished Lecturer 
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andrei_Gurtov

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 20:42:41 +0200

Hi Bob,

> On Oct 23, 2019, at 04:22, Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Canning             SEC     lake            Lightweight Authenticated Key Exchange WG
> Olivia              SEC     suit            Software Updates for Internet of Things WG
> 
> 

If you want to make sure that there will be no IoT-minded people in attendance at the BOF…
(The suit/lake conflict already is difficult.)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 14:47:41 -0400

> (The suit/lake conflict already is difficult.)

I did think to try avoiding:

cfrg, saag, ipsecme, rats, anima, t2trg, cose

But did not know to avoid lake or suit.  :(

Carsten, what else is an issue?

Eric, can you handle this for us?

Bob

---

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 11:29:43 -0400

lake, suit conflicts may be significant but scheduling is overconstrained
so unsure we can do better

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 2:48 PM Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Tm-rid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tm-rid
>

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 16:19:57 +0000

The IESG has reviewed the agenda noting this conflict and we have de-conflicted a lot of them.

Expect a more convenient agenda next week probably

-éric

On 24/10/2019, 20:43, "Tm-rid on behalf of Carsten Bormann" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi Bob,

    
    Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 13:33:38 -0400

> (The suit/lake conflict already is difficult.)

It's unfortunate, but it's probably tolerable, as this is a WG-forming BOF,
I think that 60% of the time will need to be spent on background material to
convince the non-IoT minded people of why it's a problem not easily solved
with TLS 1.3.  (or cTLS. Or even EDHOC)

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-