Subject: [Tm-rid] UAS Remote ID - Quick Reference Guide to the Formal FAA Rulemaking

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 08:37:28 -0500

Here is a message about the FAA rule making announcement.

Please read and submit comments as indicated.  The deadline for comments 
is Mar 2, 2020.

thank you

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	UAS Remote ID - Quick Reference Guide to the Formal FAA 
Rulemaking Process and Why it Will Take Extended Time
Date: 	Thu, 2 Jan 2020 06:09:06 -0500
From: 	
To: 	

The actual NPRM (Federal Register Volume 84, Number 250, Tuesday, 
December 31, 2019)  is available at this link:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2019-12-31/pdf/2019-28100.pdf

With the UAS RID NPRM now formally issued, the comment period ends on 2 
March 2020, with an expectation for a final rule in the summer of 2021.

It could take longer.

As of now, all we have is a proposed rule. Everything is up for discussion.

The only way to for the public interact with the process is through 
submitting comments to U.S. DOT here:

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FAA-2019-1100

You can also review an up-to-date listing of all comments submitted in 
the docket.

The graphic below summarizes the formal rulemaking process which applies 
to this and any other FAA proposed rule:.

imap://[email-masked]:143/fetch%3EUID%3E.INBOX%3E522948?part=1.2&filename=image001.png