Subject: [Tm-rid] NASA UTM Framework document

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:00:04 -0400

I have put the NASA document up on my server:

http://medon.htt-consult.com/~rgm/ietf/2019-UTM_Framework-NASA-TM220364.pdf

I will keep it there for a couple of weeks...

Bob

---

From: "shuaiizhao(Shuai Zhao)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:07:55 +0000

Thanks Bob, I have attached this link in the minutes. https://etherpad.ietf.org:9009/p/notes-ietf-interim-2020-drip-03-drip?useMonospaceFont=true

Best,
Shuai Zhao

From: Tm-rid <[email-masked]> on behalf of Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 09:01
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tm-rid] NASA UTM Framework document(Internet mail)

Bob

--
Tm-rid mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tm-rid

---

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 12:19:55 -0400

The possibility of encrypting some but not all messages in the future is
raised in the NASA doc Bob posted.
Alas, there is no discussion therein of protecting confidential data _at
rest_.

What I am hoping we can do is encourage/support, in the network protocols,
protection of data on/by the end systems, i.e. COMSEC that integrates
nicely (as Amelia, Daniel & Sue suggested) with INFOSEC in the overall
system.

BTW I am still not clear on where we should use the term "private" and
where "confidential" in our drafts.
Up to now I have used "private" as the antonym of "public", e.g.:
 - "public lookup" vs "private lookup" in -reqs;
 - "public information registry" vs "private information registry" in -arch.
Yet the "private" information is not exclusively private, rather
confidential: some parties are authorized to access it in some
circumstances.
It is in some sense "personal" information, but not that really either: it
may be information about a corporation registered to operate an UAS.
Help?!

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> [email-masked]