Subject: [Drip] Fwd: Free Webcast: IoT, MUD, and Enterprises: August 20

From: "Stuart W. Card" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:23:57 -0400

This may be of interest to DRIP participants and co-stars our friend
Michael Richardson. I consider UAS increasingly to be IoT "things". UAS
certainly have potential for physical space harm, privacy invasion (both
by and against their operators), administrative scale challenges, etc.,
which will be discussed in this webcast.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Free Webcast: IoT, MUD, and Enterprises: August 20
Date: 	Mon, 17 Aug 2020 09:57:09 -0400
From: 	Nalini Elkins <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

*Free Webcast: IoT, MUD and Enterprises*
 
Date: August 20, 2020

Time: 8:00am pacific (11:00am eastern)

Registration: HERE
<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=55864438&msgid=1574446&act=FD42&c=313473&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fattendee.gotowebinar.com%2Fregister%2F4503796848780947216&cf=88312&v=63aa598048f2c18b1ff2a8dbee2191c8040f120457a554e1e9a1c1b8d4783a71>

This webinar will be taught by Michael Richardson and Dr. Anna Maria
Mandalari.

Between the number and type of IoT devices that may be used by
enterprises, in short order there will not be enough people on the earth
to administer them.  New means of scale are required.  Do old
assumptions hold? Standards such as Manufacturer Usage Descriptions
<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=55864438&msgid=1574446&act=FD42&c=313473&destination=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc8520&cf=88312&v=2eeb9b005e64bceb906ad134fc55e32e56af2405ae924f6ed61deafcd507b4a7>
and CoAP
<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=55864438&msgid=1574446&act=FD42&c=313473&destination=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc7252&cf=88312&v=3872244ef2bde32ee3d6c86aa90c886ea062f1faf292699e1a6576cb0b1cbaf8>
are emerging.

*Anna Maria's talk:*

The emerging complicated Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem will not
only rely on collection and processing of personal data, but also
performs actuations in the real world and thus, have physical
consequences. The potential harms to individuals and society
are significantly more serious than privacy alone. This greatly
increases the challenge in delivering public safety, acceptability and
trust as identified in the large number of government and independent
reviews and research findings.

We have been developing the opensource Databox Platform. Beyond its
research impact, Databox is currently turning into a popular opensource
platform for privacy-preserving data analysis. In this talk, I will
explore what we are invisible trading in exchange for these devices, and
discuss potential future mitigation through Databox. 

*Biography:*

Dr. Anna Maria Mandalari works as research associate in the Dyson School
of Design Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering at Imperial College
London. She was a Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher affiliated with the
University Carlos III of Madrid, within the European project ITN
METRICS. During her PhD she was research visitor at Telefonica I+D
(Spain) and Simula Research Laboratory (Norway). Her research interests
are related to IoT, privacy, large-scale Internet measurements, Internet
measurement platforms, middleboxes and new Internet protocols.

*Michael Richardson's talk: *

A critical part of managing privacy and authorization in enterprise
networks involves managing identity.  There is a rich field of identity
management offerings from big and small. There are multiple identity
management conferences one can attend (now going virtual). There are no
dominant identity management mechanisms, and no dominant onboarding
systems for IoT devices.

  * What kinds of devices should enterprises expect to deal with?
  * What should enterprises look for in feature sets of devices that
    they expect to acquire?

This is a interactive discussion dealing with the question of how
enterprises can navigate managing identities for IoT, BYOD, and remote
workers.

*Biography:*

Michael Richardson is an open source and open standards consultant. An
autodidact, he wrote mail transfer agents as a teenager, and in the
1990s, found his calling designing and building embedded networking
products, in the security sector.  Michael has built multiple IPsec
systems, joining the FreeS/WAN team in 2001, and founding Xelerance in
2003. Since 2008 Michael has worked in and chaired the IETF ROLL working
group, doing routing protocols for IoT mesh systems.  Michael has
authored a number of IoT related RFCs including RFC8366 and RFC7416.
Michael currently works on IoT security systems in the 6tisch, ANIMA and
ACE WG, specializing in the problem of initial bootstrap trust.

Nalini Elkins

Inside Products, Inc.  

www.insidethestack.com

  	

*Inside Products*
 
Inside Products offers innovative solutions for managing TCP/IP
networks. Our focus is to improve the productivity of the systems
programming staff who maintain the data processing infrastructure for
large corporations, educational institutions, and government agencies.
We are technical people who write products for other technical people.
For more information, please go to:
 
http://www.insidethestack.com
<https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=55864438&msgid=1574446&act=FD42&c=313473&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insidethestack.com&cf=88312&v=1695289f0e7c36d014c030d3a94717656531e19f8482f36036b5ac4cd92d0529>

Manage Your Subscription
<https://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.php?r=55864438&l=88312&s=FD42&m=1574446&c=313473>

This message was sent to [email-masked]* from
[email-masked]*

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products
36A Upper Circle
Carmel Valley, CA 93924

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

iContact - Try it for FREE
<https://www.icontact.com/signup-trial?utm_medium=poweredby&utm_source=footerlink&utm_campaign=iC%20Footer&afid=144186>