Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 07:01:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : UAS Remote ID
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2021-01-28

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs) as self-asserting IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable
   Identifier for use as the UAS Remote ID.  HHITs self-attest to the
   included explicit hierarchy that provides Registrar discovery for
   3rd-party ID attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-07.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:26:32 -0500

This version adds the HHIT mapping into CTA 2063-A.  This is of value 
especially for FAA Remtoe ID Modules to meet using only Manufacturer 
serial numbers for RID and benefit from all of the DRIP functionality.

Still to do:

Fix DNS.  Or at least get it better.  Please note that I am in talks 
with one IoT company that is interested in using HHITs and have their 
own HDA.  This means that really RAA is general and only some of its 
space is for RID.  Or multiple prefixes are needed.

Merge Appendix E into F.

Seems that there is something else in my notes...