Subject: [Drip] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-drip-reqs-12

From: Nagendra Nainar via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 14:54:55 -0700

Reviewer: Nagendra Nainar
Review result: Has Nits

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts per guidelines in RFC5706.

Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Version: draft-ietf-drip-reqs-12

Overall Summary:

This draft is an informational track defining the terminologies and listing the
requirements for DRIP.

Overall this is a well-written document explaining the requirements and the
rationale behind the same. This document does not propose any new standards or
extensions to the existing standards and so does not introduce any operational
challenges or gaps as such. I am choosing "Has Nits" only to check if the
authors can address any of the below observations. Otherwise, it is ready.

Few observations below:

==> Is there any reference that you can add to the below-mentioned community
documents?.

"On this and other terminological issues, to encourage comprehension
   necessary for adoption of DRIP by the intended user community, that
   community's norms are respected herein, and definitions are quoted in
   cases where they have been found in that community's documents."

==> Based on the below DRI suffice, I assume that the below one is defined by
this document.

"AAA
      Attestation, Authentication, Authorization, Access Control,
      Accounting, Attribution, Audit, or any subset thereof (uses differ
      by application, author, and context).  (DRIP)"

AAA is common terminology used for "Authentication, Authorization, and
Accounting". While they both seem to be similar, is there any need to use a
different term to differentiate DRIP-AAA from the traditional AAA?.

==> The text below Figure 3 appears to mention UA-GCS, UA-Internet, and
GCS-Internet, but this is not clear in the figure.

"Figure 3 illustrates Network RID information flows.  Only two of the
   three typically wireless links shown involving the UAS (UA-GCS, UA-
   Internet, and GCS-Internet) need exist"

Thanks,
Nagendra