Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 13:58:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DRIP Entity Tag (DET) for Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification (UAS RID)
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-09.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2021-08-09

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs) as self-asserting IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable
   identifier for use as the Unmanned Aircraft System Remote
   Identification and tracking (UAS RID).  Within the context of RID,
   HHITs will be called DRIP Entity Tags (DET).  HHITs self-attest to
   the included explicit hierarchy that provides Registrar discovery for
   3rd-party identifier attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-09.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:04:24 -0400

This new version removes text on authentication and registration and 
points to the appropriate matching drafts.

Also many instances of HHIT and UAS ID are replaced with DET. PLEASE 
review this.  Did I get all places where DET should be used over HHIT 
and UAS ID?  Or did I change some I should not have?

I want to add a privacy section, but it requires more thought, so I 
pushed out what I have for wg review.

Plus it is neat to get rid-09 out on the 9th.  :)

I have some other drafts that need my attention, so it will be a bit 
before I work on -10.  I welcome comments on changes here in -09.