Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tn3270e-ver2-enhance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:11:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telnet TN3270 Enhancements Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : TN3270 Enhancements
        Author(s)       : B. Kelly
        Filename        : draft-ietf-tn3270e-ver2-enhance-01.txt
        Pages           : 36
        Date            : 08-May-98

This document describes a protocol that more fully supports 3270 devices
than do the existing tn3270 practices.  Specifically, it defines a method
of emulating both the terminal and printer members of the 3270 family of
devices via Telnet; it provides for the ability of a Telnet client
to request that it be assigned a specific device-name (also referred to
as 'LU name' or 'network name'); finally, it adds support for a variety
of functions such as the ATTN key, the SYSREQ key, and SNA response handling.
This protocol is negotiated under the TN3270E Telnet Option, and
is unrelated to the Telnet 3270 Regime Option as defined in RFC 1041[1].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-tn3270e-ver2-enhance-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-ver2-enhance-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

        Africa: ftp.is.co.za

        Europe: ftp.nordu.net
                ftp.nis.garr.it

        Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

        US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org

        US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:      [email-masked].  In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-ver2-enhance-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.