Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tn3270e-tcp62-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 12:51:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telnet TN3270 Enhancements Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LU6.2 over TCP/IP
	Author(s)	: S. Sarkar, J. Carmichael
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tn3270e-tcp62-00.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 26-Feb-98
	
   This draft describes IBM's support for running LU6.2 applications
   over a TCP/IP network. This support is provided using a subset of the
   X/Open architecture for Multiprotocol Transport Networking, which is
   a general protocol conversion architecture for running any
   application over any transport protocol.  This draft is being
   distributed to members of the Internet community in order to solicit
   their reactions to the proposals contained in it.  While the issues
   discussed may not be directly relevant to the research problems of
   the Internet, they may be interesting to a number of researchers and
   implementers.
 
   Any questions or comments relative to the contents of this draft
   should be sent to the following Internet address:
   [email-masked].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tn3270e-tcp62-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-tcp62-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-tcp62-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.