Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tn3270e-rt-mib-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:08:13 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telnet TN3270 Enhancements Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : Definitions of Protocol and Managed Objects
                          for TN3270E Response Time Collection
                          Using SMIv2 (TN3270E-RT-MIB)
        Author(s)       : R. Moore, K. White
        Filename        : draft-ietf-tn3270e-rt-mib-07.txt
        Pages           : 42
        Date            : 30-Jul-98

This memo defines the protocol and the Management Information Base (MIB)
for performing response time data collection on TN3270 and TN3270E
sessions by a TN3270E server.  The response time data collected by a
TN3270E server is structured to support both validation of service level
agreements and performance monitoring of TN3270 and TN3270E Sessions.
This MIB has as a prerequisite the TN3270E-MIB, reference [20].

TN3270E, defined by RFC 2355 [19], refers to the enhancements made to
the Telnet 3270 (TN3270) terminal emulation practices.  Refer to RFC
1041 [18], RFC 854 [16], and RFC 860 [17] for a sample of what is meant
by TN3270 practices.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-tn3270e-rt-mib-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-rt-mib-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

        Africa: ftp.is.co.za

        Europe: ftp.nordu.net
                ftp.nis.garr.it

        Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

        US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org

        US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:      [email-masked].  In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-rt-mib-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.