Subject: RE: 3270E SNA Bind Image data type

From: "Dianne R. Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:33:53 -0400

Do you have the tall green reference summary "IBM 3270 Information Display
System Reference Summary"  #Gx20-1878-x?  The bind is explained starting on
page 20.  Also, The 'big' SNA Programmers Reference book?

I was going to type this out - but I do not have the time.  Does anyone
know of a site with Reference Summary info listed????

  Thanks,
    Dianne

-----Original Message-----
From:   Padmanabhan, Arun [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:   Tuesday, June 23, 1998 12:16 PM
To:     [email-masked]
Subject:        3270E SNA Bind Image data type

        Could you please help me with the 3270E SNA BindImage
functionality ? I am looking at a 3270E session using Extra and after
initial 3270E negotiations i receive a packet containing a 3270E header
(with the Bind Image data type field - 5 bytes ) followed by a series of
bytes which i cannot interpret. I was trying to gather some information
about Bind Image from the 3270E RFC but to no avail.

The packet looks like this with the first 5 bytes representing the 3270E
header.

03 00 00 00 00 31 01 03 03 B1 90 30 80 00 07 85 87
02 00 02 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 08 C3
C9 C3 E2 C1 D8 F2  F0 00 FF EF

A quick reponse will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun

---

From: "Derek W. Bolton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:01:09 +1000 (EST)

See 6.3.20 in:

http://www.raleigh.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/$FMT-17/CCONTENTS