Subject: SNA-Capable i*net Forum -- ANNOUNCEMENT

From: Lisa Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 12:19:31 -0400

Greetings.

This note is being sent to the IETF TN3270 Working Group to
inform its members and followers of a new cross-vendor Forum
that is forming, called the SNA-Capable i*net Forum (please see
 http://www.sna-inets.com ).  The purpose of the Forum, as the
charter states, is to provide educational and marketing services
and information to promote the adoption of products which integrate
host systems with intranets, extranets, and the Internet.

The group expressly does not intend to undertake standards-setting
activities.  Instead, as the charter states, it is our intention to work

with existing standards bodies (e.g., the TN3270 WG) when and
if we as a group wish to promote specific technical advances.  There
is a link from the Forum's Web site to the WG site already.

We are actively recruiting additional members, both vendors
and end-users.  The Web site contains information on membership
levels.  Our current members are:  Eicon, Farabi Technology,
OpenConnect Systems, Wall Data, and Swissair.  End-user
organizations are being extended honorary first-year memberships
for a limited time.  The Forum is planning a formal launch and
initial meeting to coincide with the August SHARE/GUIDE
meeting in Washington, D.C.

All inquiries about the Forum should be sent to me.  Please
do NOT direct comments, inquiries, or discussion about
the Forum to the TN3270E WG.

Regards,
Lisa Lindgren
SNA-Capable i*net Forum Administrator