Subject: 7 January 1999 Conference Call Cancelled

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:36:08 -0500

I've received some suggestions that holding conference calls and
face-to-face meetings outside of IETF meetings may be a factor in reducing
mailing list activity and IETF Community participation in this Working
Group.  While I believe that Working Groups can have additional meetings or
conference calls if there is a consensus in favor of doing that, certainly
the IETF norm is that most discussion and in all cases the final
determination of consensus is on the mailing list.  The number of people
that have participated in the first two conference calls that were
scheduled has been small compared with attendence at WG meetings held at
IETF meetings or the mailing list.  (See posted conference call minutes for
lists of participants.  There are about 200 people on the TRADE WG mailing
list.)

In any case, I am canceling the 7 January (this coming Thursday) conference
call and intend to cancel the 21January conference call and do not plan to
schedule further ones unless there is a definite consensus in favor of
having them.

Thanks,
Donald

Donald E. Eastlake, 3rd
65 Shindegan Hill Road, RR#1, Carmel, NY 10512 USA
Internet: [email-masked]
Notes: Donald Eastlake/Hawthorne/IBM@IBMUS
1-914-784-7913, fax: 1-914-784-3833, 1-914-276-2668(home)

---------------------- Forwarded by Donald Eastlake/Hawthorne/IBM on
01/05/99 01:31 PM ---------------------------

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   [email-masked] (bcc: Donald Eastlake/Hawthorne/IBM)
Subject:  Conference Call, IETF Meeting

I'd like to try some telephone conference calls in the TRADE WG.
These are sort of a continuation of conference calls that the OTP
Consortium used to have.  I've set up four of them, approximately
every other week except for a larger gap around the holidays.  They
are Thursday morning at 9am eastern US time as follows:
        December 3 and 17 at +1-212-547-0300 and
        January 7 and 21 at +1-212-547-0212
all with passcode 90216.  I'll try to send out a reminder the day
before.  Feel free to call in.

In addition, the full Agenda is now up on the www.ietf.org web site
and as expected, the TRADE WG meeting is Wednesday afternoon at 1pm in
the Boca Raton/Cocoa room.

Thanks
Donald

=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 978-287-4877    [email-masked]
 318 Acton Street         +1 978-371-7148(fax)       [email-masked]
 Carlisle, MA 01741 USA   +1 914 784 7913

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]