Subject: Ft. Lauderdale: RE: February Meeting / Conference Calls

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:18:49 -0500

The couple conference calls we had were my idea and I'm cancelling the last
scheduled one, 21 January, and won't schedule any more unless the working
group wants.  I enourage people to post to the mailing list most anything
they might have said on the conference call.

The Feb 9-11 WG meeting was a tentative conensus of the WG in Tokyo and was
listed in the minutes and brought up in Orlando.  The mailing list has been
favorable to having this meeting.  Private comments I've gotten have not
been unanimous but most have favored having a meeting.  A couple of meeting
spaces were voluneered but didn't meet the tentative criteria of being warm
and in the southeast US or Europe.  I have thus gone ahead and reserved a
meeting room at the IBM Ft. Lauderdale Florida offices, 6301 N. W. 5th Way,
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida:
(See attached file: ftl.gif)
This facility is about 50 miles north of Miami airport [MIA], 40 miles
south of Palm Beach airport [PBI], and about 8 miles north of Ft.
Lauderdale airport [FTL].  There is a Sheraton hotel right across the
street (phone 1-954-772-5400) and a Westin hotel close by on Cypress Creek
(phone 1-800-228-3000).

The first day would be devoted to payment system related meetings and as
with the last meeting would get underway at  about 10am so if you are not
too far away, you might be able to fly in that morning.  However, if you
are just interested in the overall IOTP protocol, I would suggest that you
consider not coming on the 9th but just the 10th and 11th.  The meeting the
11th will probably not run past 3pm or so.

People are welcome to add topics but I would expect most of the discussion
to be on any unfinished document in the v1.0 batch (probably SCCD and HTTP,
etc.) and planning for requirements and design of v1.0++. I'll post a more
detailed agenda in a while.

I already have one request to participate in the meeting by speaker phone.
I can set up a conference call bridge to a speaker phone if additional
people want to participate that way.

Thanks,
Donald

Donald E. Eastlake, 3rd
65 Shindegan Hill Road, RR#1, Carmel, NY 10512 USA
Internet: [email-masked]
Notes: Donald Eastlake/Hawthorne/IBM@IBMUS
1-914-784-7913, fax: 1-914-784-3833, 1-914-276-2668(home)

Andrew Drapp <[email-masked]> on 01/07/99 11:00:39 PM

To:   "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Donald Eastlake/Hawthorne/IBM)
Subject:  RE: February Meeting

I am generally in favor of a meeting.  We accomplished a great
deal at the November meeting.  I think just the fact that many of
us are stuck in a room where we have to accomplish something
helps push IOTP forward.  So, a meeting will definitely produce
good results.

That being said, with version 1.0 almost completed (any news
on an _official_ version 1.0?) are their any pressing issues
that we need to discuss and deal with in the February meeting?
What would be on the agenda?

Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Drapp
[email-masked]
Systems Development Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd.
Ozenji 1099, Asao, Kawasaki, 215-0013 JAPAN
TEL:+81-44-966-9111   FAX:+81-44-966-1796
PGP Fingerprint: 84D8 3D19 018E 9385 6581  0081 C89C D2AD F06A 565F