Subject: IOTP Namespace

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 02:31:30 -0000

The IOTP has now reached a recommendation on Namespaces (see
http://www/w3/org/TR/REC-xml-names).

I think it would therefore be a good idea for us to define IOTP version
1.0 as a namespace. Therefore suggest that we add the following as an
attribute to the "OtpMessage" element ...

<!ATTLIST OtpMessage
  xmlns:iotp	CDATA	
   'ietf.org/draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-protocol-03'>

In the above example, the value of the attribute identifies:
*	iotp as the prefix for XML documents constructed according to the
rules of the IOTP specs
*	'ietf.org/draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-protocol-03' as the namespace
itself which idenfitied the version of the IOTP spec being used. 

I'm not sure what would be a good definition of the namespace, so
comments will be welcome.

David

>Mondex International Limited
mailto:<[email-masked]>
>US Advanced Technology Office: 111 Pine St, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA
>94111
Tel/Voicemail: +1 415 645 6973	Fax: +1 415 956 9370

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: "Richard D. Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:19:50 -0600

David,

The definition should rather be:

<!ELEMENT iotp:OtpMessage ...>
<!ATTLIST iotp:OtpMessage
  xmlns:iotp CDATA #FIXED 'ietf.org/draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-protocol-03'

Cheers,

Richard D. Brown