Subject: Antwort: Re: Electronic Commerce Documents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:57:53 +0100

We should send out v1.0 as soon as possible in the way it is organized
today. We can split it in several documents for v2.0. v2.0 will cover a lot
more functionality, which means that we can only decide how to split it
when we know what the scope of v2.0 will be. It makes no sense to split
v1.0 and to have another organization of the documents for v2.0.

Furthermore, we should discuss in Fort Lauderdale, who develops OTP
software in 1999. SIZ is interested in a pilot in 1999, but because we are
a user and not a  software developer, we need the OTP implementation from
the market. This means, that the developers need a v1.0 as soon as possible
to start the implemenation.

Regards

Bernd

Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]> am 20.01.99 06:40:11

 An:      David Lyon <[email-masked]>,                   
          [email-masked]                         
                                                              
 Kopie:   (Blindkopie: Bernd                                  
          Beykirch/SIZ/Sparkassenorganisation/DE)             

 Thema:   Re: Electronic Commerce Documents                   

At 11.00 +1100 1999-01-20, David Lyon wrote:
>  - Electronic Catalogs

For electronic catalogs, Frank Dawson and Paul Hoffman is working on
a standardized translation of vCard definitions into XML. This so
standardized vCards can be translated in a uniform way into/from XML.

   Patrik

------------------------------------------------------------------
Area Director, Applications Area               Email: [email-masked]
IETF                                             URL: http://paf.se
                                          PGP Key ID: 0xBD236602

   In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,
   but in practice, there is.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Fabes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:51:56 -0800

I thought that Don Eastlake was to make a proposition to the Working Group
to issue V1.0 asap and to announce that the v2.0 was to be scheduled a way
out - far enough for techno product builders to see some "still water" and
to demonstrate stability in the spec to thereby encourage product
development and deployment...
For without multiple deployments OTP is not going to happen..

My  opinion ..... "way out" for v2.0 could be(should be)end of first quarter
in the year 2000.