Subject: IOTP HTTP Supplement

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:50:31 -0700

I've read through the HTTP supplement and it needs changing to bring it line
with the current version of the IOTP spec as detailed below.

Regards

David
=============
Section 4.3 Stopping an IOTP transaction
-- when an IOTP Message is received by the IOTP client with a status
      of "LastMsg",
##LastMsg was removed as an attribute in an earlier version therefore delete
this bullet point##

... and later in 4.3 ...

  An IOTP Client which processes an IOTP Transaction which:
   -- completes successfully (i.e. it has not received any Fail Trading
      Block) must direct the browser to the Net Location specified in
      SuccessNetLocn in the Protocol Options Component, i.e., cause it
      to do an HTTP GET with that URL.
## In above, change "any Fail Trading Block" to "an Error Block with a
HardError or a Cancel Block"##
   -- does not complete successfully, because it has received some Fail
      Trading Block, must display the information in the Fail Message,
      stop the transaction, then pass control to the browser so that it
      will do a GET on the Error Net Location specified for the role
      from which the error was received.
## In above:
- change "Fail Trading Block" to "Error Block
- change "Fail Message" to "Error Message"
##
   -- is cancelled for some reason, sends an IOTP Message containing an
      Error Trading Block to the CancelNetLocn contained in the Protocol
      Options Component, stops the IOTP Transaction, and hands control
      to the browser so that it will do a GET on the Cancel Net
      Locations specified for the role the cusomer was in communications
      with when the cancel occured.
##
- Replace "for some reason ... in the Protocol Options Component" by "since
a Cancel Block has been received". 
- Replace "Cancel Net Locations ... cancel occured" with on the Cancel Net
Location specified for the role from which the Cancel Block was received"
##
   -- is in error because an IOTP Message does not conform to this
      specification, sends an IOTP Message containing a Fail Trading
      Block to role from which the bad message was received and the
      ErrorNetLogLoc specified for that role, stops the IOTP
      Transaction, and hands control to the browser so that it will do a
      GET from the Error Net Location specified for the role from which
      the bad message was received.
##
- Change "Fail Trading Block" to "Error Trading Block". Change "bad message"
to "erroneous message"
- Change ErrorNetLogLoc to ErrorLogNetLocn.##

Advanced Technology, CommerceOne
1600 Riviera Ave, Suite 200, Walnut Creek, CA 94596, USA
Tel: +1 (925) 941 4422; Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:33:47 -0400

I have produced and will submit a fixed version.

Thanks,
Donald

From:  David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:  <123B7EB05559D311B0D900A0C9EA3D7604F1BC@NEPTUNE>
To:  "IETF Trade (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:50:31 -0700
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:  <123B7EB05559D311B0D900A0C9EA3D7604F1BC@NEPTUNE>

>with the current version of the IOTP spec as detailed below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]