Subject: shipping address for the OfferResponse -- was RE: Consumer delivery address

From: Andras Varga <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:09:54 +0200

Chris Smith wrote:
> The intent is that all relevant details are available for 
> construction and signing of the Offer Response. This includes 
> items such as the shipping address.

This is reasonable. However, it doesn't make it easier to 
create a good strategy for handling the shipping address.

Our goal is to design an IOTP Wallet which is comfortable to use
and has enough features to make the buying easier for consumers.
We would like to include an address book in the wallet. (In our
understanding, one point which makes Internet shopping cumbersome
is that one has to enter the address with every purchase. Or one
has to register and become a "member" in the shop which doesn't
help much if you go to a different web shop every time... A locally 
stored address book would help; such feature is included
in many existing wallets).

Now how could we use the address book? If we want the shipping 
address to be included in the Offer Response, the address
selection must take place before generating the Offer:

 1) Consumer picks the goods in the web shop.
 2) Consumer finishes shopping and wants to check out the cart.
 3) Wallet fires up.
 4) Consumer selects address from the address book.
 5) Wallet SENDS THE ADDRESS BACK TO THE SHOP so that Merchant 
    can generate the IOTP offer.
 6) Merchant generates IOTP Offer Response and optionally signs it.
 7) Consumer selects payment brand, protocol, currency.
 8) ...
 
What IOTP message could be used in point 5? Maybe Brand Dependent 
Purchase (TPO Selection) could be extended to include Org
components for Consumer and DelivTo trading roles (for the Merchant
to include them in the Offer Response)?

Regards...
Andras 

----
Andras Varga
MeTechnology Ltd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]