Subject: combining Authentication Transactions

From: Chun Ouyang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:38:42 +0930

Hi, All,

I have 2 questions in the section about "Combining Authentication
Transactions with other Transactions". I am looking forward to the help
from you.

1. "It is possible to run a separate Authentication Transaction at
ANY POINT" ?  How about the Consumer wants to authenticate the Merchant
during it is authenticated by the Merchant in the first part of an IOTP
Baseline Transactions (eg. Purchase)?

2. Further,  in the IOTP v1.0 specification, there are several examples
about when the stand-alone Authentication Transaction can be carried
out, say, by Consumer to authenticate the Payment Handler or Delivery
Handler,  or vice versa.  Apart from the above, are there any other
situations when the Auth Transacitons can occur during another
Transaction is being carried out. Say, during the Brand Dependent Offer
in the Purchase, could Consumer suspend the purchase to carry out the
authentication to Merchant just after he send out the TPO Selection?

Many thanks,

Chun