Subject: [Fwd: combining Authentication Transaction]

From: Chun Ouyang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:42:38 +0930

Much Apologize if you have received the message twice.

Subject: combining Authentication Transaction
From: "Chun Ouyang" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:24:58 +0930

Hi, All,

I have 2 questions in the section about "Combining Authentication
Transactions with other Transactions". I am
looking forward to the help from you.

1. "It is possible to run a separate Authentication Transaction at ANY
POINT" ?  How about the Consumer wants to
authenticate the Merchant during it is authenticated by the Merchant in
the first part of an IOTP Baseline
Transactions (eg. Purchase)?

2. Further,  in the IOTP v1.0 specification, there are several examples
about when the stand-alone Authentication
Transaction can be carried out, say, by Consumer to authenticate the
Payment Handler or Delivery Handler,  or vice
versa.  Apart from the above, are there any other situations when the
Auth Transacitons can occur during another
Transaction is being carried out. Say, during the Brand Dependent Offer
in the Purchase, could Consumer suspend the
purchase to carry out the authentication to Merchant just after he send
out the TPO Selection?

Many thanks,

Chun