Subject: MasterCard.Com email has a problem
From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 08:46:15 -0400 (EDT)
List-Id: <ietf-trade.lists.elistx.com>

I'm sorry for the public announcement but somebody on this mailing list
has their email forwarded to a mastercard.com address and that somebody
has a procmail system setup that loops all messages on this list
multiple times.  This has been going for at least a month.

Fortunately for you the loops are caught by the server.  Unfortunately
for me I can not figure out who it is because there are no
mastercard.com addresses on the mailing list.

The messages themselves are always resubmitted so they lose all trace
information.  These new messages always originate from:

    [email-masked]

Which is a bogus address.

I could probably contact [email-masked] but there's not much
traffic on this list and I know what it's like to look through log files
for one entry, which is worse when you don't even know for sure what to
look for.

Anyway, it seems to me that whoever you are you know who you are.  I
would really appreciate if you would contact me so we can sort this out.

Thanks!

Jim

--
James M. Galvin <[email-masked]>

Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:14:21 +0900
From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt
To: [email-masked]

We updated the draft to incorporate the comment:
<http://lists.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/200208/msg00005.html>

Only changes are seciton 5.8.1. New section is:

> 5.8.1 getIdentifier
>
>   public String getIdentifier()
>
>    Returns the identifier of the voucher component.  Each voucher
>    component must have a unique identifier.  The identifier may be
>    used to check for equivalence of voucher components.
>
>    The format of the identifier is implementation-specific, however, it
>    is RECOMMENDED to include the hash value of the voucher component in
>    the identifier to assure its uniqueness.  For generating the hash
>    value, it is desirble to use a secure hash function, e.g., [SHA-1],
>    and to apply a canonicalization function, e.g., [EXC-C14N], before
>    applying the hash function to minimize the impact of insignificant
>    format changes to the voucher component, e.g., line breaks or
>    character encoding.
>
>   Returns:
>
>     The identifier string of the voucher component.

Thanks,

Ko

Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:18:41 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_bj6CI/1Y/94YZcyNN+nrYA)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Voucher Trading System Application Programming 
                          Interface (VTS-API)
	Author(s)	: M. Terada, K. Fujimura
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2002-9-4
	
This document specifies the Voucher Trading System Application
Programming Interface (VTS-API). The VTS-API allows a wallet or other
application to issue, transfer, and redeem vouchers in a uniform
manner independent of the VTS implementation. The VTS is a system to
securely transfer vouchers, e.g., coupons, tickets, loyalty points,
and gift certificates; this process is often necessary in the course
of payment and/or delivery transactions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--Boundary_(ID_bj6CI/1Y/94YZcyNN+nrYA)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_ZcWvvsL1wo5WrbqsSP1BRQ)"

--Boundary_(ID_ZcWvvsL1wo5WrbqsSP1BRQ)
Content-type: Message/External-body; server="[email-masked]";
 access-type=mail-server

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt

--Boundary_(ID_ZcWvvsL1wo5WrbqsSP1BRQ)
Content-type: Message/External-body; directory=internet-drafts;
 access-type=anon-ftp; site=ftp.ietf.org;
 name=draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-03.txt

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_ZcWvvsL1wo5WrbqsSP1BRQ)--

--Boundary_(ID_bj6CI/1Y/94YZcyNN+nrYA)--