Subject: [tram] Milestone 1: DTLS transport

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 09:11:26 -0500

As requested by our benevolent AD, I'm starting a thread for each
milestone. I guess the goal of each thread is to assert that we really
think each milestone has support and people willing to work on it. And I
suppose we would like to get a sense of prioritization between milestones.

================

Milestone 1: DTLS transport
Candidate draft: draft-petithuguenin-tram-turn-dtls-00

STUN defines three transports: UDP, TCP, and TLS. A straightforward
extension of this set is DTLS, enabling secure datagram-oriented transport.

I think this is a top-priority milestone, and an easy one. I think we
will be able to adopt a draft and send it to IESG before Toronto. I
don't foresee any difficulty.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: "Gonzalo Salgueiro (gsalguei)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 16:24:10 +0000

Agree on milestone and priority.  As a result of recent discussion on the list, the work will be a bit broader in scope that the original submission (TURN->STUN). Thus, the candidate draft name will now be: draft-petithuguenin-tram-stun-dtls-00

It is our hope to have this published today or Monday.

Gonzalo

On Feb 7, 2014, at 9:11 AM, Simon Perreault <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram