Subject: [tram] (ALTO) Server Discover

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 18:33:26 +0100

Hi,

I just mentioned on the mic in the TRAM session about the experiences 
out of the ALTO WG in terms of (ALTO) server discovery. The findings 
there may also apply to finding TRAM servers.

Dan did mention draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery which covers either 
local (manual) configuration and DHCP based configuration that both use 
U-NAPTR resolution at the end to yield a URI for the server.

Dan mentioned also anycast and there are two drafts out there that 
discuss this for PCP and ALTO:
draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc
draft-ietf-pcp-anycast

However, as DHCP and local configuration based approaches have big draw 
backs and we did work on an approach to get around this. This is 
documented in draft-kist-alto-3pdisc.

I happy to answer questions or to take comments about these draft or 
just approach the respective authors (where I do partially belong to).

Thanks,

   Martin