Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:18:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
        Authors         : Marc Petit-Huguenin
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Dan Wing
                          Rohan Mahy
                          Philip Matthews
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-10.txt
	Pages           : 66
	Date            : 2017-02-16

Abstract:
   Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) is a protocol that serves
   as a tool for other protocols in dealing with Network Address
   Translator (NAT) traversal.  It can be used by an endpoint to
   determine the IP address and port allocated to it by a NAT.  It can
   also be used to check connectivity between two endpoints, and as a
   keep-alive protocol to maintain NAT bindings.  STUN works with many
   existing NATs, and does not require any special behavior from them.

   STUN is not a NAT traversal solution by itself.  Rather, it is a tool
   to be used in the context of a NAT traversal solution.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5389.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Gonzalo Salgueiro (gsalguei)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 03:25:44 +0000

TRAMsters -
We have published a new version of STUNbis.  The following changes have been made:
   o  Removed the reserved value in the security registry, as it does
      not make sense in a bitset.

   o  Updated change list.

   o  Updated the minimum trancation size for M-I-256 to 16 bytes.

   o  Changed the truncation order to match RFC 7518<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7518>.

   o  Fixed bugs in truncation boundary text.

   o  Stated that STUN Usages have to explicitly state that they can use
      truncation.

   o  Removed truncation from the MESSAGE-INTEGRITY attrbute.

   o  Add reference to C code in RFC 1952<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1952>.

   o  Replaced RFC 2818<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2818> reference to RFC 6125<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6125>.

As always, we welcome any review comments.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

On Feb 16, 2017, at 7:18 PM, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> wrote:

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
tram mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram