Subject: [Trans] [trans] #151 (threat-analysis): Architecture document: Only the leaf cert + timestamp are in the SCT

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 17:07:19 -0000

#151: Architecture document: Only the leaf cert + timestamp are in the SCT

 In section 3.1:
 The sentence saying "hashing it with information from other log
 submissions." is incorrect. The SCT only covers the the end-entity
 certificate and timestamp, not the entire chain nor other entries in the
 log.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-threat-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  threat-      |    Version:
  analysis               |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/151>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:17:40 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Proposed text change:
 The log creates an entry for the terminal certificate in the chain, and
 returns this Signed Certificate Timestamp (SCT) to the submitter.

  analysis               |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/151#comment:1>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>