Subject: [Trans] [trans] #148 (threat-analysis): Architecture document: Spelling/improvements to Introduction

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 16:55:43 -0000

#148: Architecture document: Spelling/improvements to Introduction

 In section 1:
 onlogs -> on logs
 repeatedlymisbehave -> repeatedly misbehave.

 I also propose changing 'repeatedly misbehave' to 'grossly misbehave' (or
 something else to indicate particularly bad misbehaviour).
 A log may misbehave multiple times (multiple, minor infractions, e.g. by
 missing it's MMD by a bit) but still be used by browsers. On the contrary,
 a log may be disqualified after grossly misbehaving once (e.g. by not
 including an entry).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-threat-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  threat-      |    Version:
  analysis               |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/148>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 12:16:24 -0500

Eran,

Thanks for reading the architecture doc.

I agree with your proposed change and will modify the doc accordingly.

Steve

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:06:38 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I have revised the text to be:
 In turn, the Monitors and Browser Vendors are expected to cease relying on
 logs that repeatedly misbehave in a fashion indicative of malice.
 (Ultimately, what constitutes malicious misbehavior will be determined by
 Monitors and Browser Vendors, and thus is outside the scope of this
 document.)

  analysis               |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/148#comment:1>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>