Subject: [Trans] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trans-gossip-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 13:04:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public Notary Transparency  of the IETF.

        Title           : Gossiping in CT
        Authors         : Linus Nordberg
                          Daniel Kahn Gillmor
                          Tom Ritter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trans-gossip-03.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   The logs in Certificate Transparency are untrusted in the sense that
   the users of the system don't have to trust that they behave
   correctly since the behavior of a log can be verified to be correct.

   This document tries to solve the problem with logs presenting a
   "split view" of their operations.  It describes three gossiping
   mechanisms for Certificate Transparency: SCT Feedback, STH
   Pollination and Trusted Auditor Relationship.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trans-gossip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trans-gossip-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trans-gossip-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Linus Nordberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:06:02 +0200

[email-masked] wrote

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trans-gossip-03

Hi group,

The authors of trans-gossip think that this draft is now in a state
where the group should read it and comment on it. While it needs
wordsmithing, we hope algorithmically we're done. Our goal is to get it
to last call in time for the Seoul meeting later this year.

Those of you who care about CT gossip and are in Berlin for the IETF
should join us in an informal meeting sometime during the week for
discussions about what needs to be done. Please indicate availability in
the following dudle:

  https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/ietf96-ct-gossip/

If you're note in Berlin but still would like to join, let us know and
we'll try to figure something out.

Thanks,
Linus

---

From: Linus Nordberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 21:09:40 +0200

Linus Nordberg <[email-masked]> wrote

>   https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/ietf96-ct-gossip/

Thanks!

Monday Jul 18 at 20:00 CEST has been chosen.

Place to be announced here as soon as I've got an idea about it.

> we'll try to figure something out.

This is still true.

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 21:24:19 +0100

>> we'll try to figure something out.

I would like to discuss this, but that time is quite awkward! That
said, other times are not so great for me either - I'm travelling from
Tuesday. Perhaps I could organise something online in a few weeks time
when I'm back?

>
> _______________________________________________
> Trans mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trans

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 13:14:14 -0800

> Tuesday. Perhaps I could organise something online in a few weeks time

I think it would be helpful - I've been a little concerned
about the lack of comment on this draft, plus there's the
question of how it fits in with what's being done (and will
be done) by log operators.

Melinda

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 03:40:31 -0800

On 7/12/16 3:06 AM, Linus Nordberg wrote:
> discussions about what needs to be done.

We have a room for this.  Monday night at 8pm, in the
Köpenick III room.

Melinda