Subject: [rbridge] Initial cut at BoF request

From: Erik.Nordmark at sun.com (Erik Nordmark)
Date: Fri May 14 10:26:17 2004

> Seems like this isn't Internet unless it provides L3; since it provides 
> L2, this might formerly be sub-IP, but currently might map better to 
> Operations & Management.

I assume the IESG will figure out the best area and AD; Radia has been
talking to Margaret which is why we sent it to her/internet.

> > 
> >     c. CONFLICTS you wish to avoid, please be as specific as possible:
> > 
> > VRRP, routing area meeting, SAAG, IPsec, IPv6, Multi6, v6ops
> 
> L2VPN is the most specific I can imagine (it's not clear why that's in 
> the Internet area either, IMO) that is active right now.
> 
> Zeroconf overlaps a little.

The conflicts are meeting scheduling conflicts to avoid; I don't
think zeroconf will meet.
The list above is my and Radia's swag. If there are folks that really
want to contribute to this BoF but have to be in other WGs (due to
being co-chairs, presenting/leading discussions, etc) let me
know and I will update the conflicts list.

  Erik

---

From: loa at pi.se (Loa Andersson)
Date: Fri May 14 11:19:56 2004

All,

guess that what we need is one ADs that is willing to sponsor this,
don't really matter who it is for the BoF, though it good to be
approximately right to start with.

We could come up with arguments for OPS, Routing and Internet, and
equally valid arguments for not any of those areas.

personally I would need to avoid mpls and l2vpn, and would like to
not conflict with pwe3, ccamp and l3vpn.

/Loa

Erik Nordmark wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> rbridge mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge
> 
> 

-- 

Loa Andersson

mobile +46 739 81 21 64