Subject: [rbridge] NEW!! Internet Area Mailing List

From: margaret at thingmagic.com (Margaret Wasserman)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:41:45 -0400

[This message is bcc:ed to all INT area WGs, the IESG and the IAB.]

Hi All,

We have created an Internet Area mailing list -- int-area at ietf.org. 
This list will be used to announce Internet area BOFs, to discuss 
Internet area WG charter updates and to discuss other issues related 
to the Internet Area, as they arise -- such as whether we should hold 
an Internet area meeting in Paris.

If you wish to join the list, you can do so at:

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

The archives should be available at:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/int-area/index.html

(Hopefully this will be the first message in the archive).

If you are interested in issues concerning the overall structure or 
scope of the Internet area and/or are interested in influencing how 
the Internet area is managed, I hope you will join this list.

Thanks,
Margaret

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 03:55:22 -0700
From: "Vishwas Manral" <[email-masked]>
To: "Developing a hybrid router/bridge." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [rbridge] Supporting Heterogeneous Link Types
Reply-To: "Developing a hybrid router/bridge." <[email-masked]>
Status: RO
Content-Length: 1029

Hi,

I tend to agree with Alper.

Would we want to support ECN kind of functionality (which needs to be
conveyed across layers)? I agree we may still need to handle different
MTU's.

Thanks,
Vishwas
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Alper Yegin
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [rbridge] Supporting Heterogeneous Link Types

5.3. Supporting Heterogeneous Link Types 

   It is easy to support link types other than 802 links with RBridges. 
   However, mixing link types within a single campus raises 
   complexities, such as packet size, incompatible layer 2 addresses, 
   and other layer 2 features (such as priority) that might be lost when

   trying to "bridge" two different link types.

The TRILL charter is specific to IEEE 802.1 Ethernet networks. Due to
lack of sufficient motivation (interworking incompatible L2s) to
complicate the design, I think we can close this issue. Comments
welcome.

Alper

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:41:45 -0400
To: [email-masked]
From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Subject: [rbridge] NEW!!  Internet Area Mailing List
Reply-To: "Developing a hybrid router/bridge." <[email-masked]>
Status: RO
Content-Length: 866

[This message is bcc:ed to all INT area WGs, the IESG and the IAB.]

Hi All,

We have created an Internet Area mailing list -- [email-masked]. 
This list will be used to announce Internet area BOFs, to discuss 
Internet area WG charter updates and to discuss other issues related 
to the Internet Area, as they arise -- such as whether we should hold 
an Internet area meeting in Paris.

If you wish to join the list, you can do so at:

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

The archives should be available at:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/int-area/index.html

(Hopefully this will be the first message in the archive).

If you are interested in issues concerning the overall structure or 
scope of the Internet area and/or are interested in influencing how 
the Internet area is managed, I hope you will join this list.

Thanks,
Margaret