Subject: [rbridge] I-D Action:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Architecture of an RBridge Solution to TRILL
	Author(s)       : E. Gray, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-04.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2007-11-19

RBridges are link layer (L2) devices that use a routing protocol 

  as a control plane. This combines several of the benefits of the 

  link layer with those of the network layer. For example RBridges 

  use existing link state routing, without necessarily requiring 

  configuration, to improve aggregate throughput, for RBridge to 

  Gray

 Expires May, 2008

 [page 1] 

  Internet-Draft

  RBridge Architecture

November 2007 

  RBridge traffic. RBridges also may support IP multicast and IP 

  address resolution optimizations. They are intended to be 

  applicable to L2 network sizes similar to those of conventional 

  bridges and are intended to be backward compatible with those 

  bridges as both ingress/egress and transit. They also support 

  VLANs (although this generally requires configuration) while 

  otherwise attempting to retain as much 'plug and play' as is 

  already available in existing bridges. This document proposes an 

  architecture for RBridge systems as a solution to the TRILL 

  problem, defines terminology, and describes basic components and 

  desired behavior. One (or more) separate documents will specify 

  protocols and mechanisms that satisfy the architecture presented 

  herein. 

  Gray

 Expires May, 2008

 [page 2] 

  Internet-Draft

  RBridge Architecture

November 2007

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge