Subject: [rbridge] I-D Action:draft-ietf-trill-adj-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RBridges: Adjacency
	Author(s)       : D. Eastlake 3rd, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-adj-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-02-21

The IETF TRILL protocol provides optimal pair-wise data forwarding
without configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of
temporary loops, and support for multipathing of both unicast and
multicast traffic. TRILL accomplishes this by using IS-IS link state
routing and by encapsulating traffic using a header that includes a
hop count. Devices that implement TRILL are called RBridges.

TRILL supports multi-access LAN links that can have multiple end
stations and RBridges attached. This document describes the TRILL
LAN Hello protocol used on such links as regards adjacency,
designated RBridge selection, and MTU procedures, with state
machines. There is no change for IS-IS point-to-point Hellos used
on links configured as point-to-point in TRILL.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-adj-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:47:12 -0800

This draft has some additional comment resolutions incorporated. There
is also now a change history appendix.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]