Subject: [rbridge] Additional draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-03 comments

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 09:24:21 -0400

I reviewed the draft and noticed that:
- It doesn't explicitly say what to do if an appointment specifies
illegal VLAN IDs 0x000 or 0xFFF and doesn't suggest what to send if
the DRB wants to revoke all appointments.
- It doesn't mention the detection of VLAN mapping within a link. When
this is detected, for loop safety, the DRB needs to assure that there
is only one RBridge that is appointed forwarder for the VLANs involved
in the mapping.

Also, someone has suggested to me that, to avoid confusion, perhaps
some brief version of the definition of "link" be included from
paragraph 3 of Section 1.3 in the TRILL base protocol where it says:
   In this document, the term "link", unless otherwise qualified, means
   "bridged LAN", that is to say, the combination of one or more [802.3]
   links with zero or more bridges, hubs, repeaters, or the like.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge