Subject: [rbridge] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 14:30:08 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Rbridges: Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) support for TRILL

    Author(s)     : D. Ward, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-00.txt
    Pages         : 11
    Date          : 2011-05-06
    
   This document specifies use of the BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection) protocol in RBridge campuses based on the Rbridge Channel
   extension to the TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol.

   BFD is a widely deployed (Operations, Administration and Maintenance)
   OAM mechanism in IP and MPLS networks.  However, in the present form
   a BFD packet cannot be sent over a TRILL network as it is either IP/
   UDP encapsulated or encapsulated directly over Multi Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) or using Associated Channel Header (ACH)
   encapsulation.  This document defines BFD encapsulation over TRILL to
   address this shortcoming.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge