Subject: [rbridge] Clarification regarding TRILL LSP and Hello

From: Muhammad Mohsin Sardar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:10:22 +0500

Hi,
Is Level 1 link state PDU described in section 9.8 of ISO/IEC 10598-2002
and Level 1 LAN IS to IS hello PDU in section 9.5 applicable for TRILL?
Or information given in section 4.2.4.4 (TRILL LSP) and section 4.4.2
(TRILL Hello contents) of RFC6325  is sufficient? (I know the TLVs
mentioned in RFC 6326 regarding these sections)

If description of Level 1 link state PDU and Level 1 LAN IS to IS hello of
ISO/IEC 10598-2002 is partially applicable, please clarify?

Thank you!

-- 
Best Regards,
Muhammad Mohsin Sardar
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:47:12 -0400

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Muhammad Mohsin Sardar
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is Level 1 link state PDU described in section 9.8 of ISO/IEC 10598-2002 and
> Level 1 LAN IS to IS hello PDU in section 9.5 applicable for TRILL?

TRILL is based on IS-IS so, unless the TRILL documents say that
something should be different, the TRILL IS-IS PDUs follow the ISO
standard.

> Or information given in section 4.2.4.4 (TRILL LSP) and section 4.4.2 (TRILL
> Hello contents) of RFC6325  is sufficient? (I know the TLVs mentioned in RFC
> 6326 regarding these sections)

I doubt that the information in those sections of RFC 6325 are
sufficient. Note that RFC 6325 is updated by RFC 6327 and 6439. Note
particularly Section 7 of RFC 6327.

> ISO/IEC 10598-2002 is partially applicable, please clarify?

The TRILL documents specify how the TRILL LSPs and Hellos differ from
the ISO standard (and from RFC 1195).

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]