Subject: [trill] Some questions about ESADI

From: Nguyen Huu Tho <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:43:46 +0700

Dear all,
I have 2 questions relating to ESADI

   - Question 1: Influence of ESADI  to bandwidth in a TRILL campus.

If a TRILL campus does not use ESADI to advertise their end stations,

    how much percent of bandwidth will br decreased because of flooding
packets.

I know that it is depend on the topology but i just want to know an average
result.

   - Question 2: All TRILL vendors can support ESADI or not

Have any special requirement of TRILL to RB can run ESADI protocol ?

If you have any information about this subject, please help me!

Thank for your reading!
Best Regard,

-- 
+--
| Nguyen Huu Tho.
   Mail: [email-masked]  |
                                            --+

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:23:06 +0800

Hi,Nguyen Huu Tho

     >Question 1: Influence of ESADI  to bandwidth in a TRILL campus.
     >     how much percent of bandwidth will br decreased because of 
flooding packets.
     > I know that it is depend on the topology but i just want to know an 
average result.

[hfw] ESADI is an optional end station address learning method. Besides 
ESADI, there are five independent ways for an RBridge to learn the end 
station address(section 4.8.1 of RFC 6325). If a TRILL campus does not use 
ESADI, the RBridges can learn the end station address by other ways, such 
as data plane learing. The ESADI protocol's potential advantage over data 
plane learning is in security and fast update, not in reducing the 
bandwidth. ESADI can unicast the ESADI PDU in stead of multicasting in 
some situation, which can optimize the ESADI PDU sending and avoiding 
multicast storm. I am sorry for that I can not give the accurate result of 
bandwidth decreased, becasue that is not the major goal for ESADI 
protocol.

    > Question 2: All TRILL vendors can support ESADI or not
[hfw]  ESADI is a optional way for RBridges to learning end station 
address.  The RBridge implement ESADI can achive the potential advantage 
in security and fast update. 
I think it is no special requirement for RB to run ESADI protocol.  ESADI 
is a feature of TRILL.

>If you have any information about this subject, please help me!

Regards

Nguyen Huu Tho <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2012-04-23 12:43

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送

主题
[trill] Some questions about ESADI

Dear all,
I have 2 questions relating to ESADI
Question 1: Influence of ESADI  to bandwidth in a TRILL campus.
If a TRILL campus does not use ESADI to advertise their end stations,
    how much percent of bandwidth will br decreased because of flooding 
packets.
I know that it is depend on the topology but i just want to know an 
average result.
Question 2: All TRILL vendors can support ESADI or not
Have any special requirement of TRILL to RB can run ESADI protocol ?

Thank for your reading!
Best Regard,

-- 
+--
| Nguyen Huu Tho.
   Mail: [email-masked]  |
                                            --+
_______________________________________________
trill mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill