Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-05.txt> (TRILL: Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Support) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:15:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) Support'
  <draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies use of the BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection) protocol in RBridge campuses based on the Rbridge Channel
   extension to the the TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of
   Links) protocol.

   BFD is a widely deployed OAM (Operations, Administration, and
   Maintenance) mechanism in IP and MPLS networks, using UDP and ACH
   encapsulation respectively.  This document specifies the BFD
   encapsulation over TRILL.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-bfd/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.