Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-03.txt> (TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:13:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates'
  <draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology, safe
   forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support for
   multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic. TRILL
   accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System) link state routing and by encapsulating traffic using a
   header that includes a hop count. Since the TRILL base protocol was
   approved in March 2010, active development of TRILL has revealed a
   few errata in the original RFC 6325 and some cases that could use
   clarifications or updates.

   RFC 6327 and RFC 6439 provide clarifications and updates with respect
   to Adjacency and Appointed Forwarders. This document provide other
   known clarifications, corrections, and updates to RFC 6325, RFC 6327,
   and RFC 6439.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.