Subject: [trill] FWD: New Version Notification for draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:59:48 +0800

Hi Everyone,

This draft provides a unified framework in using RBv to solve LAN and LAG 
edge connectivity in TRILL. Then the member Rbridges in a RBv can provide 
active-active load balancing to their connected end nodes in a same VLAN. 
Your review and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Zhai Hongjun
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
 Protocol Development Dept.VI, Central R&D Institute, ZTE Corporation
 No. 68, Zijinghua Road, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing, P.R.China, 210012
 
 Zhai Hongjun
 
 Tel: +86-25-52877345
 Email: [email-masked]
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

----- 转发人 翟洪军129567/user/zte_ltd 时间 2012-10-23 11:10 -----

[email-masked] 
2012-08-27 09:53

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
主题
New Version Notification for draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Hongjun Zhai and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:                 draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname
Revision:                 03
Title:                            RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname
Creation date:            2012-08-26
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 16
URL:             
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03.txt

Status:          
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname
Htmlized:        
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03
Diff:            
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-03

Abstract:
   At the edg of TRILL campus, some RBridges provide end-station
   services to their attached end stations; these RBridges are called
   edge RBridges.  To avoid potential frame duplication or loops in
   TRILL campus, only one edge RBridge is permitted to provide such
   services in a VLAN at all times to its attached end stations even
   they are also attached to other edge RBridges.  However, in some
   application scenarios, for example in Link Aggregation Group (LAG),
   more than one edge RBridge is required to provide such services to an
   end station even in a VLAN to improve resiliency and maximize the
   available network bandwidth, which causes the flip-flopping of the
   egress RBridge nickname for such an end station in remote RBridges'
   forwarding tables.  In this document, the concept of Virtual RBridge,
   along with its pseudo-nickname, is introduced to address the above
   problem.

The IETF Secretariat