Subject: [trill] Comments on draft-ietf-trill-directory-framework-00

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 12:00:31 -0400

Here are some comments:

Abstract:
 Text similar to the abstract should be included in the Introduction.
 I think the abstract should specifically mention the reduction in
multi-destination frames with Directory Assistance. This is
mentioned in the body of the document, but I think a few words
in the abstract would be good.

The description of the Push Model should be generalized a little so
that it does not assume specific request messages from client
RBridges.

Security Considerations, I suggest the following:
    "Accurate mapping of IP addresses into MAC addresses is important
to the correct delivery of information. The security of specific
directory assisted mechanisms will be discussed in the draft or drafts
specifying those mechanisms."
    "For general TRILL security considerations, see [RFC6325]."

References:
    References need to be updated and some, which are not used, deleted.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]