Subject: [trill] Updated TRILL milestones

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:36:53 -0700

As discussed at the last TRILL meeting, our milestones have gotten out
of date. At our next meeting in Atlanta, we plan to issue a call for 
possible Charter updates and milestones adjustments. In the mean
time, we plan to bring the existing milestones up to date as shown
below:

TRILL Milestones (ignoring those currently marked as Done)
----------------------------------------------------------

First column is current date, second is new date (or "Done"). [Comment
in square brackets not part of milestone.]

Mar 2011  Done      Submit TRILL Header Options to IESG for
publication as Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-options)
[draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-extension in RFC Editor's queue.]

Mar 2011  Done      Initial WG draft on RBridge OAM
(draft-bond-trill-rbridge-oam)

Mar 2011  Mar 2013  Initial WG draft on ARP/ND optimizations
[Potentially based on draft-dunbar-trill-scheme-for-directory-assist]

Jun 2011  Jul 2013  Submit RBridge support of Data Center Bridging to
IESG for publication as Proposed Standard
(draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-dcb)

Jul 2012  Dec 2014   Re-charter or shut down the WG

Finally we currently have one milestone item for
Jul 2011  Submit RBridge OAM to IESG for publication as
Proposed Standard

But as things have evolved we will have several documents in the OAM
area. Thus we will replace the above one milestone with the
following set:
Nov 2013 Submit RBridge OAM requirements document to IESG for publication

Nov 2013 Initial WG framework document on RBridge OAM

Jan 2014 Submit RBridge OAM framework document to the IESG for
publication

Jan 2014 Initial WG document on RBridge OAM fault management

Apr 2014 Initial WG document on RBridge OAM performance management

---

   Erik and Donald