Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 08:02:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): The ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) Protocol
	Author(s)       : Hongjun Zhai
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2012-10-02

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and
   link technologies. TRILL supports multi-pathing of both unicast and
   multicast traffic. Devices that implement the TRILL protocol are
   called RBridges (Routing Bridges) or TRILL Switches.

   The ESADI (End Station Address Distribution Information) protocol is
   a VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) scoped way a TRILL switch can
   communicate VLAN-x end station addresses to other TRILL switches
   announcing ESADI participation for VLAN-x (normally a VLAN-x
   Appointed Forwarder) and running the ESADI protocol.  This document
   updates RFC 6325, specifically the documentation of the ESADI
   protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-esadi

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-esadi-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:34:22 -0400

This version incorporates a couple of technical changes that were
discussed on the list of which the biggest is the provision for
default authentication of ESADI PDUs as described in new Section 6.3.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill