Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:21:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL: RBridge Channel Tunnel Protocol
	Author(s)       : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-12-05

Abstract:
   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol includes an optional mechanism, called RBridge Channel, for
   the transmission of typed messages between TRILL switches in the same
   campus and between TRILL switches and end stations on the same link.
   This document specifies optional extensions to RBridge Channel that
   provides three facilities: (1) A mechanism to send such messages
   between a TRILL switch and an end station in either direction, or
   between two end stations, when the two devices are in the same campus
   but not on the same link; (2) A method to support security facilities
   for RBridge Channel messages; and (3) A method to tunnel a variety of
   payload types by encapsulating them in an RBridge Channel message.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/