Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:48:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL: Interface Addresses APPsub-TLV
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Radia Perlman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2013-12-13

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) IS-IS application sub-TLV that enables the reporting by a
   TRILL switch of sets of addresses such that all of the addresses in
   each set designate the same interface (port) and the reporting for
   such a set of the TRILL switch by which it is reachable. For example,
   a 48-bit MAC (Media Access Control) address, IPv4 address, and IPv6
   address can be reported as all corresponding to the same interface
   reachable by a particular TRILL switch. Such information could be
   used in some cases to synthesize responses to or by-pass the need for
   the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
   (ND) protocol, or the flooding of unknown MAC addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/