Subject: [trill] Correct Errata 3508 in RFC-to-be from draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct?

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:54:28 -0400

Hi,

draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct-06.txt (TRILL: Clarifications,
Corrections, and Updates) is in the final RFC Editing stages. One
purpose of this document is to correct errors in RFC 6325, the TRILL
base protocol specification.

This draft corrects all such Errata but the most recent, Erratum
#3508, that was reported against Section 4.5.1 of RFC 6325. See
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=3508. This Erratum,
which calls for the following change, has been verified:

OLD
   In other words, the set of potential parents for N, for the tree
   rooted at R, consists of those that give equally minimal cost paths
   from N to R and that have distinct IS-IS IDs, based on what is
   reported in LSPs.

NEW
   In other words, the set of potential parents for N, for the tree
   rooted at R, consists of those that give equally minimal cost paths
   from R to N and that have distinct IS-IS IDs, based on what is
   reported in LSPs.

Note the change of "N to R" to be "R to N".

Unless there is some objection, the correction of Erratum 3508 will
also be included in the RFC publication of
draft-ietf-trill-clear-correct notwithstanding that it was not in the
draft itself.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]