Subject: [trill] Fwd: New Non-WG Mailing List: Tofoo -- Discussion list for Tunneling over Foo (with)in IP networks (TOFOO)

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:30:12 -0400

This list may have discussion on it relevant to draft-ietf-trill-over-ip.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: Tofoo -- Discussion list for
Tunneling over Foo (with)in IP networks (TOFOO)
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tofoo/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tofoo

Purpose:

Tunneling data across IP-based networks can use a variety of existing
encapsulation schemes, such as, GRE [RFC2784], IP-in-IP [RFC2003] and
IPsec tunnels [RFC4301] or proposed encapsulation schemes that are
based on carrying traffic over UDP.
The demand for using tunnels in data centers and across the Internet
is increasing also due to network virtualization.
A number of known issues have been raised around using tunnels,
discussions about applicability of these issues are ongoing and a
number of solutions to cope with, for instance, congestion control or
congestion control sensitivity, are being discussed.
The intention of this list is to bring together tunnel protocol
designers/implementers, network operators, and the different areas in
the IETF to discuss the ways forward.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.