Subject: [trill] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-01.txt> (IANA Considerations for CFM (Continuity Fault Management) Codepoints) to Best Current Practice

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:56:09 -0400

The announcement below may be of interest.

draf-ietf-trill-oam-fm, which has passed TRILL WG Last Call, makes use
of the IANA registry whose creation is proposed by the draft below now
in IETF Last Call

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-01.txt>
(IANA Considerations for CFM (Continuity Fault Management) Codepoints)
to Best Current Practice
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IANA Considerations for CFM (Continuity Fault Management) Codepoints'
  <draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations-01.txt> as Best Current
Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-05-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IEEE 802.1 has specified Continuity Fault Management (CFM) OAM
   facilities. CFM messages are structured with an Op-Code field and
   have provision for the inclusion of TLV (type, length, value)
   structured information. IEEE 802.1 has allocated blocks of CFM Op-
   Codes and TLV Types to the IETF. This document specifies the IANA
   Considerations for the assignment of values from these blocks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-iana-cfm-considerations/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.