Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:59:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL Smart Endnodes
        Authors         : Radia Perlman
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Huawei technology
                          Kesava Vijaya Krupakaran
                          Ting Liao
	Filename        : draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2014-04-21

Abstract:
   This draft addresses the problem of the size and freshness of the
   endnode learning table in edge RBridges, by allowing endnodes to
   volunteer for endnode learning and encapsulation/decapsulation.  Such
   an endnode is known as a "smart endnode".  Only the attached RBridge
   can distinguish a "smart endnode" from a "normal endnode".  The smart
   endnode uses the nickname of the attached RBridge, so this solution
   does not consume extra nicknames.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-perlman-trill-smart-endnodes-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/