Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-cmt-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:52:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Coordinated Multicast Trees (CMT) for TRILL
        Authors         : Tissa Senevirathne
                          Janardhanan Pathangi
                          Jon Hudson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-cmt-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   TRILL facilitates loop free connectivity to non-TRILL networks via
   choice of an Appointed Forwarder for a set of VLANs.  Appointed
   Forwarders provide load sharing based on VLAN with an
   active-standby model. High performance applications require an
   active-active load sharing model as discussed in RFC 7379. The
   Active-Active load-sharing model can be accomplished by
   representing any given non-TRILL network with a single virtual
   RBridge. Virtual representation of the non-TRILL network with a
   single RBridge poses serious challenges in multi-destination RPF
   (Reverse Path Forwarding) check calculations.  This document
   specifies required enhancements to build Coordinated Multicast
   Trees (CMT) within the TRILL campus to solve related RPF
   issues. CMT provides flexibility to RBridges in selecting desired
   path of association to a given TRILL multi-destination distribution
   tree.  This document updates RFC 6325.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-cmt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-cmt-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-cmt-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 01:50:32 -0400

This revision just has editorial changes to the Abstract and minor
changes to the References. There are no changes to any other part of
the draft.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]