Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-tree-selection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 21:55:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Data Label based Tree Selection for Multi-destination Data
        Authors         : Yizhou Li
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Weiguo Hao
                          Hao Chen
                          Somnath Chatterjee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-tree-selection-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-12-29

Abstract:
   TRILL uses distribution trees to deliver multi-destination frames.
   Multiple trees can be used by an ingress RBridge for flows regardless
   of the VLAN, Fine Grained Label (FGL), and/or multicast group of the
   flow. Different ingress RBridges may choose different distribution
   trees for TRILL Data packets in the same VLAN, FGL, and/or multicast
   group. To avoid unnecessary link utilization, distribution trees
   should be pruned based on VLAN and/or FGL and/or multicast
   destination address. If any VLAN, FGL, or multicast group can be sent
   on any tree, for typical fast path hardware, the amount of pruning
   information is multiplied by the number of trees; however, there is a
   limited capacity for such pruning information.

   This document specifies an optional facility to restrict the TRILL
   Data packets sent on particular distribution trees by VLAN, FGL,
   and/or multicast group thus reducing the total amount of pruning
   information so that it can more easily be accommodated by fast path
   hardware.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-tree-selection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-tree-selection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-tree-selection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/