Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 08:03:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Interface Addresses APPsub-TLV
        Authors         : Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-06.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2015-12-20

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) IS-IS application sub-TLV that enables the reporting by a
   TRILL switch of sets of addresses. Each set of addresses reports all
   of the addresses that designate the same interface (port) and also
   reports the TRILL switch by which that interface is reachable. For
   example, a 48-bit MAC (Media Access Control) address, IPv4 address,
   and IPv6 address can be reported as all corresponding to the same
   interface reachable by a particular TRILL switch. Such information
   could be used in some cases to synthesize responses to or by-pass the
   need for the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), the IPv6 Neighbor
   Discovery (ND) protocol, or the flooding of unknown MAC addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/