Subject: [trill] Progressing ECN TRILL Support

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:20:33 -0400

A presentation was given by Bob Briscoe at the TRILL WG meeting in Buenos
Aires on TRILL ECN support. This started with
draft-eastlake-trill-ecn-support-00; however, Bob had come up with an
improved scheme shortly before the meeting which was also presented. See
the slides here
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-trill-5.pdf
The scheme in the -00 draft is described as alternative #2 in the slides
and the improved scheme as alternative #3.

Our plan is to update the draft to a -01 incorporating this improved scheme
and then ask for a call for WG adoption.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]