Subject: [trill] Shepherd report - draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-01.txt

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:19:14 -0400

Status of the draft: Ready to publish 

Major concerns: None

Minor concerns: None

Nits: page 13 paragraph 3, minor editorial nit 

Old: 

/in this case, care must be taken so that , in case RB3 is not the
Designated transition between Level 2 and its area for that
multi-destination packet, but was on the unicast path, that border TRILL
switch in that area not forward the now multi-destination packet back to
level 2. /  

New: 

/in this case, care must be taken so that in case in which RB3 is not the
Designated transition between Level 2 and its area for that
multi-destination packet, but was on the unicast path that border TRILL
switch in that area does not forward the now multi-destination packet back
to level 2. /  

Page 19 4.1 paragraph 

Old/

In the border learning variant of the aggregated nickname alternative, a
unicast packet might be known at Level 1 to Level 2 transition, be forwarded
as a unicast packet to the least cost border TRILL switch advertising
connectivity to the destination area, but turn out to have unknown
destination {mac, Data Label} pair when it arrives at that border TRILL
switch. 

New/

In the border learning variant of the aggregated nickname alternative, the
following situation may occur: 

.         a unicast packet might be known at level 1 to level 2  transition
and be forwarded as a unicast packet to the least cost border TRILL switch
advertising connectivity, but  

.         upon arriving at the border trill switch, it turns out to have an
unknown destination { Mac, Data Label } pair when it arrives at the border
TRILL switch. 

/ 

Susan Hares

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 17:28:35 -0400

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Susan Hares <[email-masked]> wrote:
> /in this case, care must be taken so that , in case RB3 is not the Designated transition between Level 2 and its area for that multi-destination packet, but was on the unicast path, that border TRILL switch in that area not forward the now multi-destination packet back to level 2. /
>
> New:
>
> /in this case, care must be taken so that in case in which RB3 is not the Designated transition between Level 2 and its area for that multi-destination packet, but was on the unicast path that border TRILL switch in that area does not forward the now multi-destination packet back to level 2. /

OK.

> Page 19 4.1 paragraph
>
> Old/
> In the border learning variant of the aggregated nickname alternative, a unicast packet might be known at Level 1 to Level 2 transition, be forwarded as a unicast packet to the least cost border TRILL switch advertising connectivity to the destination area, but turn out to have unknown destination {mac, Data Label} pair when it arrives at that border TRILL switch.
>
> New/
> In the border learning variant of the aggregated nickname alternative, the following situation may occur:
> ·         a unicast packet might be known at level 1 to level 2  transition and be forwarded as a unicast packet to the least cost border TRILL switch advertising connectivity, but
> ·         upon arriving at the border trill switch, it turns out to have an unknown destination { Mac, Data Label } pair when it arrives at the border TRILL switch.
>
> /

OK.

I'll make these changes and post a new version.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]