Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-06.txt> (TRILL: ARP/ND Optimization) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:59:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: ARP/ND Optimization'
  <draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-07-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes mechanisms to optimize the ARP (Address
   Resolution Protocol) and ND (Neighbor Discovery) traffic in TRILL
   campus. Such optimization reduces packet flooding over a TRILL
   campus.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.