Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-08.txt> (TRILL: Interface Addresses APPsub-TLV) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 13:48:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Interface Addresses APPsub-TLV'
  <draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) IS-IS application sub-TLV that enables the reporting by a
   TRILL switch of sets of addresses. Each set of addresses reports all
   of the addresses that designate the same interface (port) and also
   reports the TRILL switch by which that interface is reachable. For
   example, a 48-bit MAC (Media Access Control) address, IPv4 address,
   and IPv6 address can be reported as all corresponding to the same
   interface reachable by a particular TRILL switch. Such information
   could be used in some cases to synthesize responses to or bypass the
   need for the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), the IPv6 Neighbor
   Discovery (ND) protocol, or the flooding of unknown MAC addresses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.