Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-irb-13.txt> (TRILL Distributed Layer 3 Gateway) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:37:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL Distributed Layer 3 Gateway'
  <draft-ietf-trill-irb-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The base TRILL protocol provides optimal pair-wise data frame
   forwarding for layer 2 intra-subnet traffic but not for layer 3
   inter-subnet traffic. A centralized gateway solution is typically
   used for layer 3 inter-subnet traffic forwarding but has the
   following issues:

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-irb/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-irb/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.