Subject: [trill] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-trill-irb-13: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 03:11:19 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-trill-irb-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-irb/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Scott Bradners' OPS directorate review:
I performed an OPS-DIR review of draft-ietf-trill-irb-13.txt.

Summary: the technical specification seems ready to be published but
management considerations are not mentioned.

I found the document to be a confusing read, likely because it is not
easy to
explain the forwarding behavior but I expect that the document is clear
enough to implement from.

What I did not find was any discussion of management - maybe that is
covered in the MIB or OAM documents listed in the TRILL charter.
If so, it might be good to reference the right documents.  If not, then
it
would be good to have some suggestions about what to instrument for
management.

Balloting no objection based on the interaction with Donald Eastlake,
assuming some text will be provided: 
The configuration information is visible in the link state database. A
reference to the appropriate OAM documents could be added.

Regards, Benoit