Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:02:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links of the IETF.

        Title           : Centralized Replication for Active-Active BUM Traffic
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Muhammad Durrani
                          Sujay Gupta
                          Andrew Qu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-06-22

Abstract:
   In TRILL active-active access, an RPF check failure issue may occur
   when using the pseudo-nickname mechanism specified in RFC 7781. This
   draft describes a solution to resolve this RPF check failure issue
   through centralized replication. All ingress RBridges send BUM
   (Broadcast, Unknown unicast and Mutlicast) traffic to a centralized
   node with unicast TRILL encapsulation. When the centralized node
   receives the BUM traffic, it decapsulates the packets and forwards
   them to their destination RBridges using a distribution tree
   established as per TRILL base protocol RFC 6325. To avoid RPF check
   failure on a RBridge sitting between the ingress RBridge and the
   centralized replication node, some change in the RPF calculation
   algorithm is required. RPF checks on each RBridge should be calculated
   as if the centralized node was the ingress RBridge, instead of being
   calculated using the actual ingress RBridge.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 20:34:16 -0400

This revision resolves my document Shepherd review comments.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]