Subject: [trill] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 00:57:32 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As flagged by Jürgen Schönwälder in his OPS DIR review:
> The document ends with "Copyright, Disclaimer, and Additional IPR
> Provisions" which is a but unusual given that the more common format
> has a legal blurb at the beginning of the I-D. I have not checked the
> content (well to be honest, I never bother to read the boilerplate
> texts).

I guess the RFC editor will flag this if this is an issue.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 09:42:34 -0400

Hi Benoit,

Thanks for your comment. See below.

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 3:57 AM, Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ...

The requirement is that the text appear somewhere in the document. The
nits checked does a very precise and exacting check. Changing almost
any of the words in that section will cause the nits checker to
complain.

My strategy in producing drafts is to start with the source of an
existing draft of mine with known to be acceptable format and edit the
content. So my drafts will probably continue to be formatted this way
until that causes them to be rejected and which point I will make the
minimum change to make the acceptable again. :-)

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 15:48:02 +0200

Fair enough Donald.

Thanks, B.
> .