Subject: [trill] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 22:03:33 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ia-appsubtlv/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section A.2 The length for the sub-sub-TLV seems to be wrong. Shouldn't
this be "Size: 0x10 = 16" instead of "Size: 0x0A = 10" as shown in the
document?

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 11:44:57 -0400

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your comment. See below.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 1:03 AM, Suresh Krishnan
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> ...

Well, I think the contents of the second sub-sub-TLV on page 21 is an
AFN, which is 2 bytes, and the upper half of an IPv6 address
(IPv6/64), which is 64 bits or 8 bytes. So I get a total of 10 bytes
which is 0x0A.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]