Subject: [trill] Protocol Action: 'TRILL: Edge Directory Assist Mechanisms' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 09:08:14 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TRILL: Edge Directory Assist Mechanisms'
  (draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-12.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms/

Technical Summary

  This document describes mechanisms for providing directory service to
   TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) edge switches.
   The directory information provided can be used in reducing multi-
   destination traffic, particularly ARP/ND and unknown unicast
   flooding. It can also be used to detect traffic with forged source
   addresses.  Directory Service can utilize either a push or a pull mechanism. 

Working Group Summary

This document is the result of 3 years of intensive discussion. 
The WG consensus was complete even if the WG discussion at the
end of the three years was "Time to send this to IESG".

Document Quality

   The Shepherd's review at 2/8/2016
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/trill/HZ5p1GTo_2vJT6xOPPDyVB15P3Q
Authors response: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/trill/ezH1lwbqOwTBuC4h_WtcZ_QNaxw
Shepherd's review of changes and acceptance of changes (minus 2 editorial nits) 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/trill/oQjR3jwAKkayHvPRdKznCmOf8u4
Final resolution by Authors: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/trill/FkSuXx4ugHIzYsuVIhE3xlOizZM

Shepherds post IETF LC review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/trill/SUMuYIuHz0bg1bSxXEZz9Vsnqjc
- Based on draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanism-10.txt 
+ Suresh Krishnan's comments on SEND in 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization/ballot/
This review look for SEND and anything unspecified.  

Routing QA reviewer (follow email thread for review)
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtg-dir/current/msg02676.html

AD review:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg07605.html

Personnel

   Document Shepherd:  Susan Hares (WG co-chair) 
  Responsible Area Director: (Alia Atlas)