Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 20:06:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: ECN (Explicit Congestion Notification) Support
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-11-20

Abstract:
   Explicit congestion notification (ECN) allows a forwarding element to
   notify downstream devices, including the destination, of the onset of
   congestion without having to drop packets. This can improve network
   efficiency through better flow control without packet drops. This
   document extends ECN to TRILL switches, including integration with IP
   ECN, and provides for ECN marking in the TRILL Header Extension Flags
   Word (see RFC 7179).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 23:23:40 -0500

Hi,

The revision is due to a change in Bob Briscoe's affiliation and to
avoid expiration of the draft, which is awaiting write-up.

(This draft already has been judged to have WG consensus:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trill/current/msg07908.html)

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]