Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 16:51:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Address Flush Message
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Donald E. Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Mohammed Umair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-01-22

Abstract:
   The TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol, by
   default, learns end station addresses from observing the data plane.
   In particular, it learns local MAC addresses and edge switch port of
   attachment from the receipt of local data frames and learns remote
   MAC addresses and edge switch of attachment from the decapsulation of
   remotely sourced TRILL Data packets.

   This document specifies a message by which a TRILL switch can
   explicitly request other TRILL switches to flush certain MAC
   reachability learned through the decapsulation of TRILL Data packets.
   This is a supplement to the TRILL automatic address forgetting and
   can assist in achieving more rapid convergence in case of topology or
   configuration change.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-address-flush/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/