Subject: [trill] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-04.txt> (TRILL: ECN (Explicit Congestion Notification) Support) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 13:37:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'TRILL: ECN
(Explicit Congestion Notification) Support'
  <draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Explicit congestion notification (ECN) allows a forwarding element to
   notify downstream devices, including the destination, of the onset of
   congestion without having to drop packets. This can improve network
   efficiency through better flow control without packet drops. This
   document extends ECN to TRILL switches, including integration with IP
   ECN, and provides for ECN marking in the TRILL Header Extension Flags
   Word (see RFC 7179).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-ecn-support/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines: Guidelines for Adding Congestion Notification to Protocols that Encapsulate IP (None - IETF stream)