Subject: [tsv-area] consensus call: bringing new congestion control to the IETF

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:01:32 +0300

Hi,

On 2007-3-12, at 10:06, ext Lars Eggert wrote:
> the attentive reader of IETF agendas will have picked up on the  
> following presentation during the TSVAREA meeting:
>
> 20 min	Bringing Experimental High-Speed Congestion Control to the IETF
> 	Lars Eggert

after the presentation at TSVAREA, there was strong consensus in the  
room for the presented process to bring new congestion control to the  
IETF. I'd like to confirm that the community as a whole has consensus  
on this.

Please take a look at the following draft ION, which describes the  
process from the presentation: http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/ 
drafts/ion-tsv-alt-cc.txt

The consensus call will run until April 18, 2007. Please review the  
draft ION and send comments by the deadline.

Assuming the consensus from Prague is confirmed, I will ask the IESG  
to approve the ION after April 18.

Lars

PS: Please discuss on [email-masked]. Reply-to set accordingly.

---

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 07:59:16 -0700

I agree with the consensus on "Bringing Experimental High-Speed 
Congestion Control to the IETF".

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:57:28 +0300

On 2007-4-6, at 11:01, ext Lars Eggert wrote:
> after the presentation at TSVAREA, there was strong consensus in  
> the room for the presented process to bring new congestion control  
> to the IETF. I'd like to confirm that the community as a whole has  
> consensus on this.
>
> process from the presentation: http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ 
> ions/drafts/ion-tsv-alt-cc.txt
>

I have seen very few comments during this consensus call, but all  
where positive. Together with the strong positive feedback from  
Prague, my take is that we have community consensus on this  
procedure. If you think I'm misjudging the consensus, please yell.

Lars