Subject: [Tsv-art] TSV Area Review Triage Team starting up

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 19:53:35 -0600

Dear TSV Directorate,

You may remember that Martin and I asked for volunteers for a triage review
team, to identify drafts that require special TSV attention, no later than
IETF Last Call time.

Allison Mankin and Wes Eddy have graciously agreed to serve the area in
this way.

Our intention is to keep this as lightweight as possible. Accordingly, this
is what Martin and I have discussed with Allison and Wes.

Allison and Wes will keep an eye on IETF Last Call announcements, and will
identify drafts of particular interest.

When they spot one, they'll send e-mail to the TSV Directorate, asking that
someone review the draft.

When you're willing to provide a review, please reply to that e-mail so
we'll know to expect a review.

We are fine with having more than one person provide a review.

We are looking for reviews to arrive in the Last Call window, so that the
authors/shepherds can respond in a non-emergency way, and so we can use the
review in balloting.

We are hoping that this will allow better TSV reviews for drafts that need
it (where "better" means "better than Spencer and Martin noticing that a
proposed mechanism would take down the Internet, and putting a Discuss on
the draft two days before the telechat").

We've created the [email-masked] mailing list exploder, which will point
to the triage team, for chairs to request earlier-than-Last Call reviews
when that seems appropriate. When we see this process working, we'll post
pointers to that exploder more widely.

We're hoping this will be all that's required, given that many IETF drafts
don't need any special attention from TSV ("use TCP or SCTP" helps a lot!),
so that we can use a lightweight process for the drafts that do.

If we need to adjust things as we get experience with running code, we'll
certainly do that.

And thank you, Allison and Wes, for stepping forward.

Spencer and Martin