Subject: [Tsvwg] Q. about "Limited Transmit" algorithm

From: Rogerio de Carvalho Andrade <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:36:12 -0300

draft-ietf-tsvwg-limited-xmit-00.txt proposes this algorithm as
a new TCP behavior.
In my understanding, transmission of a new segment was already
permited by RFC2581, though in a small cwnd... Isn't it true that 
the receipt of a DUPACK turn down the amount of outstanding data 
(FlightSize) ??? Isn't it accurate trusting that DUPACKs means that 
one more segment has left the network ??? If yes, a new segment can 
be sent after a DUPACK arrival and before increasing cwnd (cwnd is 
increased only at arrival of non-dupacks), as proposed in that 
draft... I'm not sure about security considerations (regarding 
dupacks be generate improperly).

Could someone clarify it?

TIA,
Rogerio.

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:57:58 -0400

> As I could understand, "Limited Transmit" algorithm, proposed in
> your draft, aims to permit a new segment sending BEFORE enter in
> FR, isn't it?

Yes.

> Specifically, your goal is to make it possible to enter in FR, if
> I'm not wrong...

Exactly.

allman