Subject: [Tsvwg] limited transmit i-d

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:56:44 -0400

Sally, Hair and I revised the I-D on enhanced loss recovery for TCP
connections using small congestion windows (or experiencing a large
amount of ACK loss) that we presented at the recent IETF meeting.
The new draft only contains a specification of the Limited Transmit
mechanism (sending new data segments on the arrival of the first and
second duplicate ACKs).  The portion of the document that proposed
reducing the duplicate ACK theshold needed to trigger fast
retransmit has been removed.

Our understanding is that the consensus of the room is that Limited
Transmit should be forwarded as proposed standard.  We would like to
encourage folks to look at the new version of the draft and voice
any concerns fairly soon.  Unless there are large reservations
voiced, we'll request the chairs do a WG last call and forward the
document to the IESG fairly soon.

The new version of the document is:

    Mark Allman, Hari Balakrishnan, Sally Floyd. Enhancing TCP's
    Loss Recovery Using Limited Transmit, August
    2000. Internet-Draft draft-ietf-tsvwg-limited-xmit-00.txt (work
    in progress).  
    ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-limited-xmit-00.txt

Thanks!

allman

---
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg