Subject: [Tsvwg] TCP Framing Proposal

From: "Constantine Sapuntzakis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:32:08 -0800

The authors of the TCP ULP framing draft kindly request your feedback on a
technique for
recovering upper-layer protocols headers in TCP segments, even when the
segments arrive
out-of-order. The upper-layer headers are used to place the data in memory;
however, the
upper-layer still does protocol processing (the control path) in-order.

The most current version of the techniques is described in a draft available
at

http://www.stanford.edu/~csapuntz/draft-williams-tcpulpframe-01.txt

This draft has been submitted and should appear after the quiet period.

A slightly older version is available from the Internet Draft repository
under the name
draft-williams-tcpulpframe-00.txt   The algorithm is the same as in the -01
draft but the explanatory
text and analysis is poorer.

Thanks,
Costa

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg