Subject: [Tsvwg] Help

From: "Adrien Fourdrin X (QRV)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:54:17 +0100

Hi,

We are thesis students and we are working on the SCTP : we try to understand its behavior. But we don't understand many things. So, we have few questions to ask :

1. How does the communication between SCTP and ULP on one hand and IP on the other hand takes place ? How does the Deamon interact with the protocol ?

2. What is REL_REQ ?

3. Does the bundling functionnality has been implemented yet ?

We really need your help to understand it totally.

Thanks in advance.

JC Boulicot & A Fourdrin

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 13:08:47 -0600

> 1. How does the communication between SCTP and ULP on one hand and IP on the other hand takes place ? How does the Deamon interact with the protocol ?

This really depends on the specific implementation. The raw socket
Daemon is just one way of implementing the protocol in user space. It
provides convenience to the user applications.

> 2. What is REL_REQ ?

That is a separate extension proposal, not part of the base protocol.
And it may go away...

> 3. Does the bundling functionnality has been implemented yet ?

Yes, all the implementations I know have bundling.

-Qiaobing