Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-00.txt

From: "Fairlie-Cuninghame, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 05:02:12 -0700

Hi Randall,

I think the usefulness of the Stream Flow Limit Change (0xC003) would be
greatly increased if the parameter could also be included in the
INIT/INIT-ACK chunk (in a similar manner to the Set Primary Address
parameter). This would
a)	increase the ease with which an application can configure the limits
(ie, the limits are set in place when the association is established rather
than as a later operation).
b)	remove the possibility that the buffers are overrun before an
application can set the receive buffer limits in place (esp. for smaller
buffer limits).

Regards,

Robert.

-----Original Message-----
From:	[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Monday, May 14, 2001 12:36 PM
Cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	[Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-00.txt

 << Message:  >> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title		: SCTP Dynamic Addition of IP addresses
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 11-May-01
	
This document describes extensions to the Stream Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP) [RFC2960] that provide a method to 
reconfigure IP address information on an existing association or 
to request that a peer set a stream flow limit.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Randall R. Stewart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 06:44:15 -0500

Robert:

Comments below...

> "Fairlie-Cuninghame, Robert" wrote:
> 
> Hi Randall,
> 
> I think the usefulness of the Stream Flow Limit Change (0xC003) would
> be greatly increased if the parameter could also be included in the
>   a. increase the ease with which an application can configure the
>      limits (ie, the limits are set in place when the association is
>      established rather than as a later operation).
>   b. remove the possibility that the buffers are overrun before an
>      application can set the receive buffer limits in place (esp. for
>      smaller buffer limits).
> 

This is an EXCELLENT point and one I did not think of. I will
attempt to put it into the next draft with Ivan's corrections... and
possibly one other issue I will put forth in a bit.

R

> This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working
> Group of the IETF.
> 

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
[email-masked] or [email-masked]
815-342-5222 (cell) 815-477-2127 (work)

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg