Subject: [Tsvwg] (no subject)

From: "Vijay Kumar Choudhary" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:58:26 +0530 (India Standard Time)

Hi All,
  The following line is written in RFC 2960 on page 75,
 " There is no requirement for the clock granularity G used for computing
RTT measurement .........."
I didn' t understand the clock granularity. What is clock granularity??

Regards,
Vijay

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:41:47 +0100 (BST)

> I didn' t understand the clock granularity. What is clock granularity??

it's the shortest interval or quantum of time measurement available
from the clock. It's saying that you can be as crude or as accurate
as you like in computing RTT - not hard, since e.g. TCP generally
works in tenths of a second at best.

L.

believes the term originates from the number of grains that could
fit in the waist of an hourglass at once.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>