Subject: [Tsvwg] INIT Backoff

From: "Duke, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:49:07 -0700

I've been working with Armando lately on a few upgrades to their ns-2 SCTP
implementation.  The question arose:

1) If I'm not mistaken, the RFC is not clear on whether the INIT timer
backoff is limited by Max.RTO.  Is this an implementation decision?

2) If so, what are most implementers doing?  Although limiting it to max.RTO
is IMHO much better, the purpose of ns is to simulate what people are
implementing, and that should prevail.

Thanks,
Martin Duke

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:03:02 -0400

In RFC2960 it is said at the end of page87:
"When the endpoint does not transmit data on a given transport address, the
cwnd of the transport address should be adjusted to max(cwnd/2), 2*MTU) per
RTO"

Does HEARTBEAT prevent cwnd to shrink if send in a period less than RTO or
not? (Although it is RECOMMENDED to send HEARTBEAT at a period of
HB.interval+RTO+jittering of +/- 50%, I assume I can send it with a lower
period given that only RECOMMENDED keyword is used)

    Tolga