Subject: [Tsvwg] sack draft reset

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:55:09 -0400

Folks-

There have been a lot of good comments on the SACK I-D on the list
recently.  We have used those comments as fodder for an updated
version.  I just submitted -12 and it should appear in the archives
soon.  You can also slurp a copy from:

http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/papers/draft-allman-tcp-sack-12.txt

We are not presuming this will be the final version of the
document.  What we hope this version does is to re-sync everyone so
that we are all on the same page again.

The major changes since rev -11:

  + We explcitly state that the firing of the RTO terminates the
    loss recovery algorithm specified in the draft.

  + We explcitly state that after the RTO fires you cannot use the
    SACK-based algorithm until the cumulative ACK point covers
    RecoveryPoint.  (There could still be some disagreement on this
    point, but following everyone's conversations was hard and so if
    you disagree with this, please send a concise explanation so we
    can all consider it.)

  + The SetPipe() stuff has been re-written (again!).  Basically we
    changed the philosophy.  The old scheme looks at the outstanding
    sequence space and then tries to subtract off the things that
    left the network.  The new scheme just iterates through the
    sequence space counting the number of times a segment is still
    considered in the network (i.e., counts pipe rather than
    deriving it).  This seems like a more straightforward way to go
    -- it is easier to follow and comes up with a better estimate.

As always, we are very interested in comments from the WG.

Thanks!

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg